Ballroom Dance > NDCA Board of Trustees - how are they determined?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by DanceMentor, Mar 15, 2017.

1. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

I read on the NDCA.org website that the current officers (ex. President, VP, etc) were overwhelmingly approved by the Board of Trustees. So I went to the NDCA rulebook to find out just who is the Board of Trustees, and how are they appointed or elected. I could not find anything. A cursory look over the NDCA website turned up very little, but possibly I missed something.

There is a feeling of "transparency" when I read how a vote was held to determine the officers. But I am unable to clearly understand who determined the Board of Trustees, who they are, etc.

The word "trustee" makes me think of someone who is entrusted with managing someone else's property or money.

I thing transparency is a good thing because people can base their decisions on solid information, and this strengthens the organization. Do you agree?

It was not easy for me to understand the structure, but that does not mean there is not transparency. It just wasn't apparent to me.

Or possibly the NDCA is more of a privately run business, and purposely chooses not to disclose its methods of organizational governance with the public?

I really don't know. Hopefully, there no issue with asking these questions.

2. snapdancer

snapdancer Well-Known Member

The answers would be spelled out in the NDCA bylaws, which are not part of the rulebook published on their website.

3. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Oh, great. Where can we find a copy of the NDCA bylaws?