New dance show on TLC

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by billman, May 24, 2013.

1. billman

billman Active Member

Just learned that there will be a casting call at the Colorado Star Ball for a new dance reality show. From what I have been able to find out, it will be on The Learning Channel and will focus on amature dancers. Anyone else heard about this show?

2. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

my pro partner and I have been approached....

MaggieMoves likes this.
  3. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

amature... meaning "not mature"? :p

theAnnelis likes this.
  4. Mr 4 styles

lol nikkita

5. BD4L

BD4L Member

My wife and I will be at the competition (my first competition in over 4 years) do you have any more information?

6. billman

billman Active Member

As more info becomes available, it will be posted on the CSB website.

7. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Desert Classic says it is participating in a TV show about pro am on TLC in their email. Millennium also said there will be reality show participation at their comp. Sounds like there are a couple of pro am type reality shows in the works. Wonder if they will be successful?

8. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

And did you agree?

9. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

10. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Sounds more like they're looking for couples/intending to film at multiple competitions for one show. Or they're using those comps to scout for couples willing to appear-I wonder if they mean at the competition or to be followed. Just being filmed for one segment on a show is a lot of paperwork and time-consuming, I can imagine what it's like being followed-well, I don't IMAGINE, I can ask my vet as they spend a chunk of the year with the NGW camera crew. When they came to our house Dad and I spent almost a half-hour before the vet arrived being interviewed, talking "candidly" (ie chatting with the producer while miked with the camera running), did multiple takes of walking the horse out of the barn, was instructed on how much enthusiasm to show saying hello to the vet I've known since I was seven... And there's half a dozen people and five vehicles, while on TV you see the vet and his car. I'm not sure that would be much fun while trying to dance--"No, I'm not doing a retake of falling on my tukas!"

11. Mr 4 styles

wife and i danced as extras in the movie" love n dancing" you can see my wife's gorgeous hair in the intro very well!!

it took 11 hours to film what is about 2.5 minutes of the movie:eek:

12. LT

LT Member

Each competition is an episode for the first season of the TLC show... I think there are six competitions being featured in this first season...

13. Mr 4 styles

14. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

What are the six? From what I can tell, so far : Colorado Star Ball, Millennium, Desert Classic...what are the other three?

15. LT

LT Member

Add to those three: Manhattan, IGB, and (I think) Virginia State... can anyone else confirm?

16. legato

legato Active Member

Interesting - there is a link, some information, and email address to submit information for casting on the Desert Classic site. They mention two films, but only give any details for the TLC show. The news links have noted that 'Ballroom Blitz' is a working title, so this must be the same show. Sounds like the current filming is just for casting? Hmmm.

"First up: The Learning Channel (TLC) is casting for STARS for the new TV reality show "Dance Dance Dance!" If you have a good story please send your bio, picture and link of dancing to...."

17. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

lol...I have great stories...but I'm not sharing :)

samina and ajiboyet like this.
  18. Mr 4 styles

nope these are the actual episodes...

six comps six shows

I was approached to do the show but the mrs declined

im glad we didn't I watched the one contestant that I danced against and it was time consuming

if I was dancing a "throwaway comp' if there I such a thing id do it but glad I didn't at millenium

19. TX mini mom

TX mini mom New Member

Yes VA State is on the list. The comp owner confirmed it to me on Monday.

20. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

oy...I am going...lol...I feel like a show chaser :)...