Salsa > nice slow salsa songs

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by NiciBo, Apr 16, 2017.

1. NiciBo

NiciBo New Member

hi,

I am looking for nice slow salsa songs to practice dancing

Breakaway - Lex Eazy and the Mambo Club

Acid - Ray Barreto

Classical Gas - Al Delory

2. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

This is more or less a joke... but oddly it works well with total beginners:

3. tangotime

tangotime Well-Known Member

:eek::eek::eek:

I will never understand WHY, the correct style of music is abandoned for "Pop" styles.
    The latin music world is replete with fab. music for all tastes, and so readily available .

4. tangotime

First.. what do you define as "slow " ?..

I will dig out some "slow " songs from my library, later...

5. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

When dealing with total beginners, any advantage you can use can't hurt. A bit of a tongue in cheek post.

6. tangotime

personally. I do not consider using non latin songs , advantageous. They create a false dichotomy..

As to TIC, some may take the suggestions seriously, as we see in some club DJs, who perpetuate that style.

opendoor likes this.
  7. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

This is right, but still you are wrong: always the music defines the dancing. Of course the opener will actually learn something, but not salsa. The aim is not that steps will work to a certain kind of music (viennese steps will work on certain swing tunes, but dancing is a cultural thing, not a technical).

My advice, there are some salsa apps around. The opener can slower down the tempo and practice anytime and everywhere he goes.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  8. opendoor

This is right, but still you are wrong: always the music defines the dancing. Of course the opener will actually learn something, but not salsa. The aim is not that steps will work to a certain kind of music (viennese steps will work on certain swing tunes, but dancing is a cultural thing, not a technical).

My advice, there are some salsa apps around. The opener can slower down the tempo and practice anytime and everywhere he goes.

9. opendoor

10. tangotime

here are a few slower tempo songs..

Yo no soy mentiroso.. Monguito
    Baila guitana.. Cuco Valoy
    Johhny Pacheco...Juliana
    Si te vas I china... Chino Rodriguez
    Juan Jose.... Santiago Ceron
    Ven Y baila mi son...Henry Fiol

11. opendoor

Sorry for double posts, had a bad internet connection

12. tangotime

Exactly ....

opendoor likes this.
  13. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Use Cumbias

14. tangotime

Cumbia is a completely different style , with a syncop. basic thruout. That probably will lead to confusion.

15. opendoor

I can recommend the salsa beat machine, availlable for iphone and android.
    Simply try to slower down the speed. You can test it online, type "start beat machine" and find the tempo button.
    http://www.salsabeatmachine.org/

16. NiciBo

NiciBo New Member

I need these songs for teaching salsa. So a beginner should be able to dance to it. Therefore the songs shut be between 140 and 180 bpm.

I do not want to slow the songs down. I prefer to use the original songs for teaching salsa.

17. tangotime

Then the songs I named, will work .

18. Hanginon

Hanginon New Member

Why not just slow down the Tempo of Salsa songs you like, but are a bit too fast?
    Windows Media Player used to be able to do this - right click and look under "Enhancements".
    If the new versions don't support this, there is plenty of free software that will.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  19. Many salsa romántica songs will work for that. However, the type of salsa also depends on which salsa style you teach. Very slow music is difficult to dance to for beginners.

Here some slow songs:
    Rey Ruíz - Amiga:

Rey Ruíz - No me acostumbro:

Conjunto Chaney - Atrévete a ser mi amante:

Manolo Lezcano - Amor, amor:

These are all very Purto Rican songs and it is harder for beginners to find the rhythm than with e. g. Colombian salsa songs where you can hear every single beat. Since I love Puerto Rican salsa and am not an expert on Colombian salsa, I cannot think of suitable slow Colombian salsa songs.

20. Here another one with a more pronounced beat:
    Conjunto Chaney - Amigos (beautiful lyrics):

opendoor likes this.