Ballroom Dance > Nightclub night!

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by debmc, Jul 26, 2017.

1. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

I've never participated in nightclub night at a comp but they seem to be more popular and I am thinking of doing one at Caribbean.

Was it fun and worth it? Keep in mind too I know very little of the usual nightclub dances!

2. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

I really enjoy nightclub night! Wish more comps would have it

debmc likes this.
  3. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

What did you wear?

4. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Some of them are theme nights. KC's nightclub night is 80's themed. Nashville has CW night. Vegas is disco. Michigan is 70's/disco. As a judge I love these. It really gives me something to look forward to, not just because I enjoy the building theme costumes but I LOVE seeing everyone else's creativity too! I have way too much fun with these.

If they aren't themed then just wear your regular rhythm outfit or nice practice clothes.

And as a side note: the NDCA just passed a motion that states Nightclub is no longer a bunch of dances within the Rhythm set. Nightclub is officially it's own style now.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    MaggieMoves and debmc like this.
  5. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

I wore some fun practice outfits. I've also worn themed outfits if the evening had a theme. I've never worn my rhythm outfit as it appears too dressy.ive also worn dance pants, fringe pants etc

debmc and Larinda McRaven like this.
  6. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Wow! Very creative costuming!!!

7. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

The themed nightclub nights are an absolute blast. It's a nice break from the rest of the competition. It actually feels more like a party.

Mr 4 styles and debmc like this.