Not sure if this is swing...

Discussion in 'Videos' started by koinzell, Nov 9, 2015.

1. koinzell

koinzell Active Member

Looks pretty neat to me though!

2. twnkltoz

twnkltoz Well-Known Member

It is east coast swing...even if the styling is a bit off. They are having fun, though!

3. ralf

ralf Member

Based on the video's title, I would say they're dancing Rock'n'Roll, which is a European offshoot of East Coast Swing. That's why the styling looks off. (Not to be confused with Acrobatic Rock'n'Roll dance, which is what the World Rock'n'Roll Council does and which looks more like gymnastics than swing dancing, at least at high-level competitions.)

Larinda McRaven likes this.
  4. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

Was about to say that I saw a few drunken sailor stumbles in there from the Jive. Either way, it looks like they're having a blast!

5. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

http://www.dancetango.com/dancers/nataliagabriel.html

They are Argentinians... and probably just having fun crossing over styles in the middle of their Tango show, which is why the styling is a bit off. I look a little "off" too when I cross over and dance AT.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  6. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

Teacher told me the other day that my "drunken sailors" looked more like "wasted sailors".

7. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

This song has been listed twice in the ballroom section as a best new song. I really really like this video what with the 50s dance show look and the way they dance so many different styles.