Official Ballroom Song ID Thread

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Larinda McRaven, Jan 3, 2011.

1. ballroomdancertoo

ballroomdancertoo Active Member

help please. first waltz!
    thanks in advance

2. Miss Silly

Miss Silly Well-Known Member

I'm looking for what I think may be a viennese waltz-ified version of a song... I was at a competitor practice recently and I wasn't paying much attention to the standard music since we were only doing the latin bits. I think some of the lyrics were something along the lines of "all i can do is count highway signs" and "i'm on my way". I tried to remember until I had a chance to write it down somewhere.

When I got home, i googled for the lyrics and a song called "County Line" (Cass McCombs) seems like a good contender and has a similar mood to what I remembered. But what I found on youtube wasn't what they played but i can't find the dance-version.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Does anyone know where i can find the dance version of the song i think it is? LOL

3. Mauro Nontelodico

Mauro Nontelodico New Member

doesnt news?

4. Mauro Nontelodico

Mauro Nontelodico New Member

hello, I also try this samba for a long time and I can not find it. You are able to know the title?

5. darryn

darryn New Member

can someone please tell me the name of this song

6. slhull.13

slhull.13 Active Member

I imagine this will be a tough one, but does anyone want to take a crack at what song this is?

7. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

It sounds like a version of Bring It On Down to My House, but I'm not sure of the artist ... Going Spotify hunting!

8. Jeravae

Jeravae New Member

Greetings. I'm looking for bolero music. I saw some of the recommendations that have already been posted, but nothing quite suits what I'm looking for. It's a solo, so timing can change a bit, but mostly I just want something passionate. Any recommendations? TIA

9. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Perhaps you should look for the boleros in this thread: http://dance-forums.com/threads/best-new-songs.45422/

10. Jeravae

Jeravae New Member

Thank you. I did see that thread, but I still didn't see any songs that really jumped out at me.

11. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Anyone know the track name for this samba?

@dlliba10, you were the DJ, right?

12. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

@ballroomdancertoo posted this a page back:

13. Dancing Irishman

Whoops. Guess that's what I get for being lazy.

14. dlliba10

Nah, you couldn't have known the exact song you were looking for was buried a page back. Took me forever to edit that song, though -- so much repetition ...

Dancing Irishman and MaggieMoves like this.
  15. MaggieMoves

FYI, You have a great Spotify list. :)

dlliba10 likes this.
  16. dlliba10

MaggieMoves likes this.
  17. dlliba10

Anybody know this mambo that starts at 7:20? I've been looking for it for the better part of a year ...

18. Dancing Irishman

Oh yeah, didn't think about that. I'll probably just edit out the first 30 seconds before the drums come in and call it good enough for my practice purposes - it's repetitive, but not as bad as the samba counting tracks that are out there.

ETA: Ugh and that awful pounding noise at the end of the track. I legit thought my phone was broken for a sec when that started.

dlliba10 likes this.
  19. Yanou

Yanou Member

Need help for this mambo song for my friend. It starts at 13.45. Thanks!

20. MaggieMoves

MARIA JUANA - CALLE 39