Pablo and Corina - Tango Element 2015

Discussion in 'Videos' started by TomTango, Aug 31, 2015.

1. TomTango

TomTango Active Member

Discussing the dancing can be fun, but I'm interested in what everyone thinks of the more cinematic style of editing this video together. Do you think cutting between camera angles enhances or hinders your enjoyment of the video?

Normally I would be against cutting to different angles, but this video was pretty seamless. They did a good job at not making you feel like you were missing interesting bits.

2. Mladenac

Mladenac Well-Known Member

It hinders definitely.
    Just until I get concentration on the video, the director/editor says cut.
    And I don't get full video of motions.

Since I have large screen I don't need so much close ups.

3. koinzell

koinzell Active Member

Watched the video the day it came out. Didn't watch the whole thing because of the editing. The Arturo Gaskins and Yari Helfeld performance was AMAZING for those who saw it live, but the video sucked because there was only one camera that night. Tango Element videos from previous years were excellent. This year they decided to hire some guy because he filmed a chicho documentary...

4. dchester

dchester Moderator Staff Member

I find it extremely annoying, to the point I can't finish it. The dancers are supposed to be the story, not the editing. It might be different if it was just occasionally, but every few seconds is ridiculous.