General Dance Discussion > Platform for Efficient Learning for Dance

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by PractiseDance, Jul 3, 2017.

?

Would you be willing to pay for this service?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. PractiseDance

PractiseDance New Member

Hi all,

I'm gauging interest for a platform I'm looking to start. Its purpose is to provide high-quality material to allow you to self-teach a multitude of different skills using efficient learning methods. The methods that will be taught are incredibly powerful, allowing for quick and considerable results if you are willing to put the work in.

The site would be a subscription-based service, with some free content, and payment providing access to additional content teaching you what these self-teaching methods are, and then applying them to many different skills. While we wouldn't teach you the skill itself, we're teaching you how to teach yourself how to do it. The whole idea being to learn how to learn effectively, which you can then apply to dance or indeed any other skill that you'd like to learn.

I've added a poll to this post, so please put your vote in. I'd also love to hear any additional comments or questions if you have any below. :)

Thanks,

John

2. Gssh

Gssh Well-Known Member

I am not sure how to reply to this question - are the incredibly powerful methods you are offering more powerful than the stupendously powerful methods that i already know? My stupendously powerful methods are also very quick - i need usually less than half the time to get the same results as people who use only inferior weak methods to learn twice as many skills with about 30% better results?

3. tangotime

tangotime Well-Known Member

:D

4. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

How will you differentiate your product from others?

5. raindance

raindance Well-Known Member

So you want to teach us how to learn stuff, but you won't teach us the stuff we want to learn? How do we know we don't already know how to learn stuff as well or better than how you will teach us how to learn stuff?

Like most adults, I've already learned a lot of skills in a lot of areas over the years, and I have a decent handle on how to go about learning new things. Why would I think you have some special secret to sell that no teacher (in any area of my life where I've had good teachers) has ever used?

6. rain_dog

rain_dog Active Member

[​IMG]

7. PractiseDance

PractiseDance New Member

The methods that I'm looking to teach are already out there on the internet, but not applied in the way our platform would go about it. For proving it's better than whatever method you use, the truth is in the pudding. It's something I would show when the platform is live, with real-life examples of myself and my team applying them. Even without us doing this, there is proof from other people who do "supercharged" learning, and gaining incredibly fast results. :)

8. snapdancer

snapdancer Well-Known Member

We can't see your pudding.

raindance likes this.
  9. PaulBunyon

PaulBunyon Member

Can I learn to spell "practice" with your technique?

10. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that's a raisin, but I digress.

Maybe best to put up your site and see if your dog hunts. Then you'll have a definitive answer.

11. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

You should know that supercharded learning fails when it comes to learn dancing, because hardware (i.e. synapes) connections are involed.

IndyLady likes this.
  12. Gssh

Gssh Well-Known Member

I would suggest that you start with doing a real-life example yourself first, and use that for your pitch. Maybe the HSK would be great - if i remember correctly the vocabulary test is given separately, and 3000 characters would be a great way to show off the efficacy of your approach. Something like "using these techniques i got a perfect score on the level 6 vocabulary test with only one month of studying" would really make me curious about your approach.

And i probably would suggest going for a different market - the main limitations people doing partner dances have are not being able to physically execute what we have learned, not not knowing what we should be doing. I would probably aim for the SAT/LSAT/MCAT/GRE market, or the software certification market - lots of people who study things with tight deadlines there.

raindance likes this.
  13. PractiseDance

PractiseDance New Member

I appreciate the reply, my focus at the moment is to validate the idea quickly through asking different markets, but one of the main things I will do in the future is use myself and my team as an example.

Literally what.

14. PractiseDance

PractiseDance New Member

I spelt it right though? :)

15. raindance

raindance Well-Known Member

That depends on where you are from.

http://grammarist.com/spelling/practice-practise/

In the US, we would say you spelled it incorrectly. Maybe where you are from you spelt it correctly. (We don't use spelt, either.)

16. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

Spelt sounds like an "ancient grain" to me.

17. IndyLady

IndyLady Well-Known Member

I think you will have more success in markets where people want instant gratification and results with minimal time and effort (though they are convinced they do or will put in the time and effort). FWIW, those markets probably don't include the type of dancers that post on this forum, who realize that you don't go from zero to pro in six weeks.

18. oldtangoguy

oldtangoguy Active Member

I never buy internet based subscription services. I never buy anything that sounds like a pig in a poke. Twice screwed.

If the technique is worth subscribing to, why can't the first half dozen sessions be free? Let customers experience the powerful techniques first hand.

IndyLady likes this.
  19. PaulBunyon

PaulBunyon Member

It's a fish :)

20. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

I think that's a "smelt".

IndyLady likes this.