resale ballroom gowns for tall women

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by elisedance, Dec 15, 2007.

1. FLABALLROOMGIRL

FLABALLROOMGIRL New Member

I'm alittle over 5'10 and i've had a hard time too. When i got into ballroom i was told being tall was great but i notice that most are 5'7 and below. I was shocked when i met the cast of Dancing with the Stars, they came to my chest or below:) I want a beautiful Rumba dress, but i have a feeling the bodysuit won't be long enough for me since i have a long torso.

WildE likes this.
  2. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

I just wanted to share that i have couple new dresses from Olga Tsikalyuk and they will fit tall ladies easily, some will be quite comfy for 5'9 maybe even more and some will fit up to size 10. She asked me to help her sell them before seh moved from NY.. so I have a total 5 now but will have 2 more I believe from her

3. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

kat, do you have olga's dresses' photos? well you know my dresses preference...email me if you believe anything might work for me, thanks...

4. Katarzyna

sure will do

5. Standarddancer

6. Katarzyna

oh and golden dress abby just wore, it will fit 5'8''[ -5'10 easily and up to size 10 easily, very stretcy

7. Standarddancer

so kat, that gold dress is for rent for tall girls now? I thought you gonna to wear yourself and in that case, requires shorten, since Abby says it's bit long for her and she sometimes steps on it.

8. Katarzyna

might eventuallly shorten it. we will see.. so far very few comps planned.. so not sure when I would wear it.. so if tall girls are interested out there they can rent it

9. rbdance

rbdance New Member

Tall dancers unite!

Hi Ladies,

I'm tall too - 5'11" before my shoes. I dance American Smooth and a bit of rhythm, but might have to switch to standard to find an Amateur partner. Thank goodness my coach/Pro-Am teacher is 6'5"!

I have had luck with some of the ebay stores that will custom make your dress for the same price or just slightly more. Sometimes Rainbow Shiu via ebay also has gowns at killer prices that work well for even my height.

Please keep me looped in to this thread and we can help each other out!

Cheers!

10. Katarzyna

I have some new additions for tall ladies.. 3 gowns from Franciska Jordanova.. all will be under 1500.. prices on my site.. here are some photos.. in older albums you will also see ones from Olga Tsikaliuk also tall pro lady.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. hereKittyKitty

hereKittyKitty Administrator Staff Member

That white dress is AMAZING. Better for a girl with dark hair but when I looked at the picture I thought Wow!

12. Katarzyna

White was so amasing that had 3 inquiries in 4 hours... and its sold to Japan.. super fast

13. Katarzyna

yellow is my favourite but was told it will be too long on me :(

14. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

Yellow was my fave too...but if too long on you, definitely longer on me.

15. Katarzyna

Saw franciska dance in it in Phylly last year.. its was stunning and the stonign on it was amsasing, but she is almost 5'8''

16. skwiggy

skwiggy Well-Known Member

The yellow is stunning. And I don't even like yellow. :)

17. Katarzyna

And the photos don't even show how sparkly and decorated it is

18. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

I'm planning to sell my old dress and I'm seeing a couple here where, if I get what I want for the old one, I just might be very interested. Are you going to be at Ohio this year?

Also, when you give US sizes on a dress, is there any way of giving measurements? I have clothes that are labeled six and clothes that are labeled ten and they both fit, so I have no idea what number size I am!

19. Katarzyna

BTW...GOlden gown I mentioned here earlier sold already..

Danceronice, who are you addressing your post to? I will be at Ohio but no idea if you were talking to me or other 5 ladies contributing here :)

20. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Sorry, Kat, was speaking to you! I was actually looking through the link in your signature--I'll PM with questions tonight when I get home from work!