Ballroom Dance > Rhythm and Smooth at Blackpool 2017

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by dlliba10, Jun 2, 2016.

1. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of when *she* lies on the floor in rumba ...

MaggieMoves and IndyLady like this.
  2. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

Who is that? I don't think I've seen that yet...

3. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

they just came up!! if i had done 51-60 mens latin i would have won uncontested DANNNNGGIIITTTTT

4. raindance

raindance Well-Known Member

That is a pretty long and expensive trip to claim an uncontested title! But I guess saying you won Blackpool would be pretty neat.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  5. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I admit that was a big part of why I decided it just wouldn't make sense for me to do the comp this year despite my earlier post in this thread. With the apparently lack of combined-gender events, it seemed alarmingly likely that I'd dance uncontested. Looking at the results, I would have actually had some competition, but I'm still inclined to think that getting my butt kicked by the crowd at Emerald and USDC will be a more productive use of this year's competition budget.

SwayWithMe and RiseNFall like this.
  6. Mr 4 styles

But wouldn't have known it was uncontested

And smooth still had competition. Would do both

Maybe next year!!!

raindance likes this.
  7. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I figure there's a reasonable chance they'll eventually offer amateur smooth as an event. Hopefully senior smooth. That happens and I can find a partner, I figure that'll be the time to pull the trigger on the competition. (Pro-am included) :)

cornutt likes this.
  8. s2k

s2k Well-Known Member

Anyone with better internet skills than me find any sort of online link to Sam Sodano's HLT seminar from Blackpool?

debmc likes this.
  9. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

I would love to see that too!

10. Mr 4 styles

Over 50 ballroom results are up.

11. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

12. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

It is fine to post links that are not to commercial sites.

MaggieMoves likes this.
  13. s2k

s2k Well-Known Member

Anyone else having difficulty with the livestream this morning?

14. Leanna

Leanna New Member

*sigh* I love their Latin, but their Mambo also makes me cringe....

Rhythm at Blackpool was kind of sad to me- not having Nazar and Irina there was just part of that.

That being said- the smooth pros went all out, and the energy was WILDLY HIGH!!! And although it was not typical for them to be 2nd, the Tufts showed up in a BIG way and their second place was well deserved (in my amateur opinion)!

15. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

16. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

That was quite some reaction...congratulations to them. I'm very happy for them.

17. dlliba10

After Andrea and Sara were announced as winning the waltz, the relief they must have felt must have been absolutely overwhelming. (A group of us were watching the livestream and screamed when that result was announced. :eek::eek:)

Leanna and scullystwin42 like this.
  18. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

ANDREA AND SARA WON THE WALTZ???????????????

I would have screamed if I was in your group.

Due to some annoying reasons I couldn't buy the livestream from my location so I was seriously stalking every single person I could on social media for every tiny scrap of news...some people have no Idea how one careless Instagram story quenched my thirst for information...LOL. But of course, activity peaked on pro Latin night and slumped thereafter...

Just checked scrutelle. A&S had 7 1s, 3 2s, and 1 3 in the waltz. That's not even a narrow win. They must have upped their game a lot. I generally like it when the 2nd couple steals one dance. But the results were pretty toughly contested overall...tango even had 6-3-1-1 first places spread across the top four couples in that dance.

Next year is going to be so good...*rubs hands gleefully*

Oh wait...there's the Internationals coming up...

scullystwin42 likes this.
  19. dlliba10

The results were exciting across the board. Valerio and Monica tied with Domen and Natascha, R11 tiebreak for 3rd and 4th, and same for Marat and Alina with Alexander and Irina.

20. dlliba10

All of us are highly amused, though, at the thought of Arunas and Katusha needing to dance from the first qualifying round next year.

middy, scullystwin42 and Borazine like this.