Salsa > Salsa to Poetry

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Aditya Upadhya, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Aditya Upadhya

Aditya Upadhya New Member

Dear Salseras and Salseros,

Namaste!

My name is Aditya Upadhya, from India. Its been years that most of you have been in this group and been dancing Salsa for a decade or more. A lot of you have witnessed scores of amazing shows at various Salsa Congresses around the world, as I have. We've always waited in anticipation for new shows by our favourite artists and seen how they interpret the songs musically through dance. Much of those have remained sources of inspiration for dancers even years after.

I would like to share with you two of my performances. The reason for this share is to see if you like them, of course, and also to see if you like the direction where I am going with Salsa or Latin dancing per se.

My approach behind these choreos is to break the barriers of dance styles and to just have 'dance'. I'm sure i'm not the only one, but I hope this is interesting to you.

Please find my videos on youtube by searching
    1. Poetry by Shane Koyczan - performance by Vive la Salsa, India
    2. Vive La Salsa India show 2015

All my team members are amateurs.

God Bless,
    Aditya Upadhya (find me on FB with this name)
    Vive La Salsa, India

2. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

I´ve linked the vid to make it easier to find the choreo. I like it in some way. But being honest, I find that you´ve tried to map the rhythm of the speech with moves, but you´ve failed to find a dance-like expression of the contents what Shane said (my 2 cents).