General Dance Discussion > "Saturday Night Fever" Line Dance

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by DanceMentor, May 20, 2003.

1. MoeDogg

MoeDogg New Member

The line dance in "Saturday Night Fever" is a version of the hustle called the "Brooklyn Shuffle". My brother and I used to do it all the time when we were younger.

2. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

That's good to know. I assume you had some great experiences during that time. Do you remember the names of some of the more popular line dances of the time?

3. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

The Saturday Night Fever line dance is still around - it shows itself at the dance studio I attend occasionally. I think the version I know is a little different from the one referenced in the first post. It does have the chicken wing flapping though. :p

Line dances are great fun! They're an opportunity to show your originality playing around with the steps. Plus, they gets folks out on the dance floor who might otherwise not be out there. It especially helps break things up on a slow dance night. :cool::D:joyful:

4. FunkyBanana

FunkyBanana New Member

When I started dancing in 1978 there were two dances with similar names. This was either the Manhattan Bus Stop or the Brooklyn Bus Stop. One of these was the Night Fever dance and the other was an older dance which started side step, close, side step close.