"Sexy Tractor" line dance help

Discussion in 'Country and Western' started by mdel205, Mar 22, 2016.

1. mdel205

mdel205 New Member

Hello,
    I am a newcomer to line dancing and anxious to learn some fast paced steps.

I am hoping you can help me locate the name, step sheets, or even a video for a particular dance. I am unsure of the dance's name, but at the club I attend it is often played with Kenny Chesney's "She thinks my tractor's sexy." The most iconic movement in the dance is near the end of the count when you spread your legs and bend your knees, and bob them in and out while swaying left to right. (In many ways it looks like Elvis dancing.) If you have any familiarity with this dance please let me know, or perhaps link me to a video teaching it.

Thank you

2. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Steve......where are you????

3. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

4. Mr 4 styles

Score!!! Larinda!!

5. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

Not surprisingly there are at least several versions on YouTube; one is specifically labeled "Sexy Tractor."
    Gonna look at KictIt...

6. Steve Pastor

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2017
  7. Steve Pastor

I see hip bumps, jazz box, etc for the last eight counts, but don't recognize anything as particularly Elvis like.
    So, maybe look at the different step sheets?

PS This one has always worked too well for West Coast.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  8. mdel205

mdel205 New Member

Thanks everyone. The dance I'm looking for might be a bit obscure, maybe it's regional (Rhode Island). I'm definitely going back to the club to learn more, I was just hoping to do my "homework" before hitting the floor again.

By the way there is a video of some people performing those last few knee swaggers (pardon me for not knowing the proper terminology) in case that helps. The url, after you type "youtube.com" is "/watch?v=kQGEaD3wI_k"

9. mdel205

mdel205 New Member

Anyway thanks again

10. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

It "could" be a regional line dance, one that is not standardized around the country. There are lots of teachers (myself included) that make their own line dances for their studio, students, and community...

11. JoeB

JoeB Active Member

And, unsurprisingly, they all just look like somebody got too drunk to remember the steps to the Electric Slide and made something up to fill in the gaps.

Why do you hate your studio, students and community so much?

12. Mr 4 styles

I wanna see Larinda line dance !!!!!:D:D:D:eek: