Ballroom Dance > Videos > Slavik and Karina are back!

Discussion in 'Videos' started by canismajor41, Jun 9, 2014.

1. canismajor41

canismajor41 Active Member

2. theAnnelis

theAnnelis Active Member

Unbelievable. They haven't lost a step.

3. davedove

davedove Well-Known Member

I have some of the DVD's they did with Corky Ballas. Even when they are demonstrating the most basic steps, they look absolutely fabulous.

4. limni299

limni299 Member

not my fav couple of all time but man, they're just incredibly beautiful together. breathtaking to watch

5. Natasha.

Natasha. Member

6. phazesix

phazesix New Member

My fave too!! Thanks for the videos...I had no idea they did the Kremlin show. I was @ Dance Legends in NY & I know they did a show in Florida. Fingers crossed they keep performing together. They look REALLY happy!! :) Now if they would just add their Hey Daddy or Chain of Fools cha cha (and I could see them perform it live)...I could die happy!!

I felt so privileged to have seen them perform , I had no idea it would bring out so many emotions in me! I have only been doing ballroom for about 3 yrs & they quickly became my fave couple thanks to youtube oldies. I thought I would never get the chance to see Slavik dance in person. I was so shocked to hear they were reuniting. It's the BEST THING EVER!!! :) :) :)

ajiboyet, chomsky and canismajor41 like this.
  7. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

You took the words right out of my HEART. Two of the best cha chas ever performed anywhere.

phazesix likes this.
  8. IlyZislin

IlyZislin Active Member

"Zvezdiy Duet" and Dance Legends were the only two shows they did, as far as I know. We (Dance Legends) and Zvezdnyu Duet collaborated on getting them to dance :)

9. hathor

hathor New Member

MaggieMoves likes this.
  10. Dr Dance

Dr Dance Well-Known Member

Karina sometimes teaches at the Chevy Chase Dance Studio in Washington, DC as a visiting coach. She recently taught a private lesson in rumba to former owner and master instructor Ron Bennett, one of my many group instructors. Although he is in his late seventies, he still has great knowledge of ballroom and Latin having once been a ten dance champion. He could not contain his glee about having her instruct him.

"She made me feel like a kid again!" he commented about her lesson, "All of those things that I used to do in my prime, but not doing anymore, she had me do them all again!"

I think that he really enjoyed his experience.

middy likes this.
  11. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

MaggieMoves likes this.
  12. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

LOOOOOOOOVE them. They are so beautiful together! Without a doubt my first favorite couple.

GJB likes this.
  13. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

It looks like they are dancing their old show numbers. I wish they would get some new choreography. I already have this stuff on DVD and it's on youtube.

14. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

I haven't seen it in so long, it looks amazing to me still. If they don't have new routines though, I doubt the longevity of their new partnership.

15. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

I saw a video of Karina speaking and she mentioned something like "not getting any younger" so I'm guessing they'll do shows for a little while and then that's it. I'd like to see them come back and compete but I doubt it.

16. hathor

hathor New Member

17. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

It's just shows. when dwts is off

Dancing Irishman and stash like this.