so you think you can dance - The Next Generation

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by lacubs, Feb 1, 2016.

1. lacubs

lacubs Member

what do you think of this idea, that they came up with? Each contestant will be between 8-13 years old and paired with a slate of SYTYCD all-stars

2. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Meh

IndyLady likes this.
  3. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Meh here too. I'm afraid it will end up combining the worst aspects of SYTYCD with Dance Moms.

theAnnelis and Dancing Irishman like this.
  4. Mr 4 styles

No doubt. My wife already says she won't watch and we have watched from the beginning and even go to the tour. Not this year

5. Dancey

Dancey Member

They should do a 'senior' generation...30+....I'd be all about trying out for that ;)

s2k and cornutt like this.
  6. Mr 4 styles

Heck yeah. I'm down

So you think you can dance without breaking a hip?? Great title

s2k and IndyLady like this.
  7. Mr 4 styles

I'd rather watch a fifty year old guy dance with a 25 year old female all star in than an 8 year old boy with said girl

Dancey likes this.
  8. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

With this announcement, the one dance show that I would actually watch in the past joins the ranks of the ones I will not. (Well, actually, I stopped watching when they pulled the stage vs. street gimmick.)

Part of the appeal for this show for me in the past was the level of training, talent and dedication exhibited by the dancers. I have no interest in watching children dance - talented or not, great choreo or not, they're kids... and I feel they should be off somewhere growing and developing so that someday, when it's time for them to start a pro career or be in the limelight, they'll be ready.

9. Generalist

Generalist Active Member

I would rather watch Dance Moms.

10. IndyLady

IndyLady Well-Known Member

Seeing it now and then in my FB feed, but not planning to watch. I really think this season will take a huge hit for this.

11. Mr 4 styles

This show is toast !!

12. Generalist

Generalist Active Member

I decided to keep an open mind and watch the show. I just couldn't watch past half way. Watching kids dance mostly robot hip hop, and then talk about their mommies just isn't interesting. How could this show stoop this low?

13. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

Confession...
    I was one of the 3.7 million people to watch the show last night.

14. Steve Pastor

15. rels77

rels77 Active Member

Ana llorente's daughter is on it - one of the kids. I think she made it past the first audition

16. Generalist

Generalist Active Member

Yawn. Is the daughter past the age of puberty?

17. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Emmm...how much of scripted talk is usually part of reality TV shows when most of the cast are kids? As much as it is with adults?

18. Steve Pastor

For those of you who haven't looked at the show this year...

The auditions episodes were half the length of previous years. The kids they show are very well coached (it seems) about how to interact with the judges. "Thank you" is by far the most common reply to comments. The pre audition interviews conducted by Cat remind me of the old show "Kids Say the Darnest Things." (Art Linkletter !)

It really is amazing to see how good the youngsters who make the show are.
    I've only seen one girl not be given a ticket to the "academy," (she didn't cry) so I'm sure a lot of this is due to very selective editing.

I plan to keep watching.