Song ID Thread

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by englezul, Dec 3, 2006.

1. tassel45

tassel45 New Member

Sadly, no.

I think it's a newer song. We heard it a lot in Vancouver, but I've not heard it once in the Netherlands, no idea why.

2. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

Hmm.. Vancouver - are you thinking of Achilipu by El Gran Combo?

3. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Well-Known Member

I can name that tune in two hold beats.......... What?

4. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Well-Known Member

I like the song except for the way everyone thinks it's over before it actually is. Everyone starts walking off the floor. I forget, too. My partner's gone, I'm going "Waaaait, come baaaack!"

5. jennyisdancing

jennyisdancing Active Member

This sounds crazy, but I know exactly which song you mean, I've heard it many times. I wish I could remember the name of it.

6. jennyisdancing

7. tassel45

tassel45 New Member

Jenny, you are amazing. This is it.

Muchas gracias.

8. jennyisdancing

Yay! Glad to help. :D

9. matty

matty New Member

unbelievable:shock:

..nice song! :)

10. tassel45

tassel45 New Member

grin :rolleyes:

11. timberamayor

timberamayor Member

That's a very old song. I would never have guessed it from the "lyrics" that tassel45 posted LOL

12. Kershy1985

Kershy1985 New Member

13. DCR

DCR Member

14. DCR

DCR Member

I know other people will recommend other songs but this one is great to learn to dance On1 or On2 pure simple and fun to dance to and listen to. Good Luck! and may the Salsa Force be with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nD9joZnTSQ&feature=related

se me peldio la cartera ya no tengo mas dienro ya no tengo mas dinero se me peldio la
    1 2 3 4 5 678 1 2 3 4 6 78 1 2 34 5 678 1 2 34 5
    catera

15. timberamayor

timberamayor Member

The song is called El Bueno Soy Yo. It's a song by the group Bamboleo and is a "timbaton": a mix of Cuban salsa plus reggaeton.

16. tangotime

tangotime Well-Known Member

It also has a strong Cumbia feel to it in certain places .They dance Cumbia variations in parts of the sequence .( just as it should be ! )

17. timberamayor

timberamayor Member

Well at least they know what they are doing then ;)

What are the timestamps on the cumbia steps?

18. tangotime

1 and 2.. 3 and 4 .

yes, its refr...ing to see someone who clearly understands that, rhythmical changes should affect out interpretation .

19. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

What do you mean by "should be"? Another part shows the cuban Mambo step. Resembles a fitness routine, after all!

20. tangotime

I didnt want to disect the whole dance, but the change to a Cumbia basic during a salsa composition, is very rareley recognised by most dancers , in matter of fact, Ive often seen dancers go thru a whole Cumbia song, dancing salsa.

And what exactly do you mean by Cuban mambo ? is there any other kind ??, and arent mambo and salsa intrinsically joined at the hip ?, after all LA style is purely a newer version of old mambo .