Tango Argentino > Tango shoe exchange!

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by Ampster, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Ampster

Ampster Active Member

Remember this thread: NewSchnoos - CiFs latest?

Considering how much we (AT peeps) obsess about shoes so much (myself included), I had alluded to the fact that occasionally in Seattle, the tango community here would organize a Tango shoe X-change. Since you tangueras love tango shoes so much, I suggested that DF should have one. Some agreed.

Well, my lovely Mrs. Ampster was amusedly reading this thread. Compliments of her, she gives you, her fellow tangueras...tahdah! FELINA SHOES-EXCHANGE!!!!

This from the deep dark world of Argentine Tango...

2. Lilly_of_the_valley

Lilly_of_the_valley Well-Known Member

Thank you, Ampster.
    I know about this site, and have contacted a few people who posted ads there. Got no answer so far. Let's hope others have better luck with it.

3. Heather2007

Heather2007 New Member

Ewwww - do consider when swapping shoes, that there's quite a bit of bacteria collecting between them there tootsies. For example, I couldn't swap shoes with anyone only because I suffer terribly from Athlete's Foot and would hate to pass that annoying scratch onto others.

For the record - (and yea, rare for a woman) I hate shoes! I spend as much time in naked feed inside and outside as possible (and yep, sometimes even when dancing). Going native when I can - blissssss!!

4. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I really have GOT to stop looking at the CiF's. Really.need.to.stop.

Thank goodness the pairs I just fell in love with aren't my size.

5. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

LOL, if you read that just the right (wrong?) way, it looks like your shoes are looking for a gender switch.

And haha, one of the shoes descriptions says "Lamented Gold."

6. Lilly_of_the_valley

Lilly_of_the_valley Well-Known Member

Hahaha. Joe, in that case it might be a pretty accurate description. :)

I think all the bacterias left after proper cleaning of the shoes will die long before somebody puts them on their feet?

7. bastet

bastet Active Member

I didn't want to start a new thread for this so I dug around til I found this one.

I wanted to let the ladies know I have a pair of brand new Neotango shoes that ended up being too big and I can't return them.

Never been danced in. I tried them on twice for a couple of seconds and couldn't get them to work, even with a m*e*t*a*tarsal pad.

The are soft black suede with red leather trim, peep toe (the 310 model) and have a 6.5 cm heel (measure 2 5/8" up the front edge and 3" up the back)- very comfortable. Leather sole.

They are marked 6 on bottom but I usually take a 6 in Neotango and these are too big for me by at least a half size.

Inside length measures 9 1/2" (24.1 cm) and width is 3".

Photo attached. Send me a PM if you have any interest.

I tried posting them on the Felina shoe exchange but either it didn't work or she doesn't have auto updates for it. Oh well....

Attached Files:

8. bastet

bastet Active Member

Oops- I can't edit my post but I forgot to specifically mention what size I thought these would be best for.

Even though they are marked a 6 they are pretty big on me. I'd say a size US 7 would be the best fit or a wide 6.5.

9. Anabella

Anabella New Member

I have three pairs of Comme Il Faut shoes size 38 for sale or exchange.
    They are too big for me, I`m a size 37. The shoes are like new, worn for about 15 minutes.

- Leopard and red. Single band across open toe and full heel cage.
    - Nude and black lace. Single band across open toe, full heel cage and Wrap-Around Strap.
    - Dark purple patent. Single band across open toe and pointed heel cage. This pair is a larger size 38. Way too big for me.

10. Kassia

Kassia New Member

Could you post pictures? I might be interested in the Nude/Black pair..

11. jennyisdancing

jennyisdancing Active Member

\

I'd like to see them too! Especially if any of them are lower-heeled, such as a 3" heel.

12. Anabella

Anabella New Member

Sorry, they are high heels

13. Anabella

Anabella New Member

I have also two pair of Darcos tango shoes seeking new feets.
    They are new, not used...too big for me. :doh:

They black and gold pair is marked both as size 7 1/2 and 38.
    The other black pair with blue, pink, lavender and purple is marked size 37, they are a bit smaller than the other pair.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. 2totango

2totango New Member

Does anyone dance AT in closed toe shoes? I have a lovely black nubuck pair, gently used, but they are closed toe.

15. Aurora

Aurora New Member

Anabella, what size do you normally wear?

16. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

If you dont find buyers for your shoes then I shall open a CiF museum; so i shant care whose worn them or what size they are:

here are feet after too musch tango!

Attached Files:

17. calandra

calandra New Member

Can you post a picture of the purple patent CIFs?

18. Anabella

Anabella New Member

I usually wear European size 37 and 38, and US size 7.5 is perfect for me
    (thow US size 8 is best when I wear boots).
    So I have to go down on size when it comes to tango shoes (Comme Il Faut).

19. Anabella

Anabella New Member

Send me a PM with your e-mail adress, and I will :)

20. AmberinWinter

AmberinWinter New Member

So it looks like this is what we have to do with fabulous shoes that do not fit. Have had mixed experiences with ordering shoes online. Just tried Darcos. Beautiful shoes, but one pair is half size too big, even though stamp is as I ordered it. Another pair, had to add holes so close to the end of the ankle strap to get it to fit, am afraid the strap will rip.

They do not respond when inquiring about a return or exchange, even though they were quick to respond personally when I made my inital inquiries for purchase. Would not order from them again.

Am going to try putting some cushioned insoles in the shoes, see if it helps fit. Had good luck with Tango-Goods on ebay, they were custom made to my foot measurements. Never once got a blister wearing them.