The Weather Thread

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by ThisIsNotMe, Apr 28, 2008.

1. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

:) Good way to think about it. I'm sitting here in the East feeling hunkered down because of the torrential rain and the threat of flooding.

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

5 degrees one day, 45 the next

3. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

We are about to enter a 2-3 day deep freeze if the weather guessers are correct. And I can't jet to warmer climes right now. !#%€*£¥!!!?!!!

4. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is one of the things I miss about my old job... this time of year, I could always find a reason why I needed to go to Cape Canaveral for a few days. :p

5. fascination

I will guarantee you that there will be ice on either wednesday or saturday or both in the midwest...because I have to drive on those days

6. cornutt

We dodged the ice today! Freeze line was about 50 miles north. Sorry, Nashville. ;)

RiseNFall likes this.
  7. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

I'm on the East coast...watching the forecast and hoping the snow doesn't mess with my Friday evening dancing.

8. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Flights cancelling along eastern seaboard. weather channel and news reporting that people are asked to stay home in certain cities/etc etc. check before you drive/travel.

9. cornutt

It looks like it's going to mess with mine... they keep advancing the forecast for the "back side" snow and ice earlier. Now I'm hearing 1 PM.

10. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

6-10 inches of snow projected to be where I live, and I live on the side of a mountain with a rear wheel drive sports car. I'm not going anywhere this weekend. :mad:

11. cornutt

Ha! I also live on a mountain with a sports car. It's been raining like heck here since about 9 PM last night, and it's supposed to turn to ice around noon today. I won't be staying at work very long.

12. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Working from home today. Suppose to get anywhere from 18-20 possibly even 30" of snow. I just hope our power stays on.

13. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Possibly over the side of the mountain if you do drive...

14. PaulBunyon

PaulBunyon Member

I'm in Austin TX, flying home today to Minneapolis. Weather in both places looks OK, but I just checked where the plane I am getting on at the Dallas layover is coming from....Nashville. The flight still says "On Time", but the earlier flights Nashville to Dallas are all in cancelled status. Watching to see if mine will join the club. Going to be a long night I suspect.

15. fascination

speaking from nashville...state of emergency

16. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Is it that bad or are they just preparing?

17. PaulBunyon

PaulBunyon Member

The plane is leaving Dallas @3 to fly to Nashville, maybe I will get lucky and they will not send it to Nashville.

18. fascination

they say that some are moving....some departing...nothing coming in

19. fascination

the interstate is a parking lot...we got a note from the hotel that most of the housekeeping staff did not come in today...and we only have local tv reception...there is a lot of ice underneath over 7 inches of snow and wind....they are telling people that if they crash to just exchange numbers....there were over 100 crashes this morning in 2 hours just in nashville metro

20. PaulBunyon

PaulBunyon Member

Good news for me, bad news if you're heading to Nashville. I put an alert on the 3:00 flight Dallas to Nashville and the return one as well. We will see.