Funstuff and Inspiration > The Weather Thread

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by ThisIsNotMe, Apr 28, 2008.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I am just hoping to drive out of here tomorrow

2. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

I get winter tires so it isn't the end of the world. The car slides in the snow, and I just know to expect it. If there is more than 2-3 inches on the road, I'm not going anywhere though.

3. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

The end of the world won't involve winter... It will involve zombies however :eek:

RiseNFall likes this.
  4. PaulBunyon

PaulBunyon Active Member

And the secret to maintaining your look after the Zombie Apocalypse can be found in Ballroom Dance Hair, Makeup, and Fashion. :)

RiseNFall likes this.
  5. raindance

raindance Well-Known Member

Stay safe, fasc. Maybe stay an extra night if the roads are still bad. Not sure they are really prepared with lots of plows, salt, etc, like in other areas where big storms are more common.

6. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I didn't realize you were in Nashville, Fasc. Be careful.

7. cornutt

Huntsville is getting some snow now. Not a lot; we're expecting 1-2". Temperature is not going to be above freezing tomorrow, but drier air is moving in and the winds are pretty high, so I'm hoping it sublimes overnight.

8. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Snow has been going steady since about 1pm here. It's very pretty out. One of neighbors went out (walking I presume) and came back with a case of corona :p

Loki likes this.
  9. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Ya know, I lived and worked in the local mtns, and always had tow straps to drag these types of vehicles OUT of the gully's and snow drifts episodes with my Yukon. Thank goodness you and others have the presence of mind to not do something like drive in the predicted mess that is about to happen.

10. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Probably not, I just talked with my friends in the "powers that be" level. Stay warm, keep alert by the news and radio.

11. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

I live on the "maybe bad, maybe nothing" line and whatever it was going to be was supposed to start this morning. By the time I paid attention to the fact that the forecast had changed and it was starting last night, I was already home and didn't want to go out again. I looked at the expected accumulations overnight and still thought, oh, fine, I can go get some more groceries in the morning. o_O I don't know if anything is open, but it's just scary looking out there. I have food, just not necessarily the food I would have chosen if all it involved was waving a magic wand.

I'm now bravely (or stupidly) doing some laundry hoping the power doesn't go out mid-load!

12. PaulBunyon

PaulBunyon Active Member

home safe

MaggieMoves and RiseNFall like this.
  13. Pu251

Pu251 Member

The sun is shinning in my country now.

14. KPomPom

KPomPom Member

It seems like a good time to bring this back now, what with all the crazy storms in the US right now! We are not in hurricane danger here, but there has been tornado warnings the past three nights in row!!!

15. cornutt

What part of the country are you in? I was concerned for some friends in Cape Canaveral, but it appears that the area did not get major damage.

16. KPomPom

KPomPom Member

Same, I have a sister near there, but they are doing A-OK. I'm no where near the hurricane fortunately. I'm in Oklahoma actually. It just amazes me how far reaching these weather things can get.

17. Pu251

Pu251 Member

The fall has just come. It's so cool <3

KPomPom likes this.
  18. KPomPom

KPomPom Member

My favorite time of the year! I can't wait for Halloween!

Pu251 likes this.
  19. Pu251

Pu251 Member

For me, I'm looking forward to my wedding next month :) Hope that it's not too sunny!

RiseNFall likes this.
  20. KPomPom

KPomPom Member

I think a fall wedding an excellent idea. I bet it's going to be beautiful. Congratulations!

Pu251 and fascination like this.