The Weather Thread

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by ThisIsNotMe, Apr 28, 2008.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

yesterday: glorious
    today:nippy

2. KPomPom

KPomPom Member

Same! Today it's finally getting cold and I did NOT dress for the weather. I'm freezing today at work.

3. Pu251

Pu251 Member

The weather is getting colder and colder. I hope that it won't rain :(

4. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Our entertainment for the night: watching weather radar. :eek: Several tornado warnings to the west of us, and the system is moving this way.

5. cornutt

Here we go. Storm that looks to me to be rotating on the velocity display is headed this way. Expecting a tornado warning in a few minutes. Weather Underground says 70% chance of severe hail.

6. cornutt

We're in the basement.

7. cornutt

We're out of the basement. The cell broke up just as it got here. We were fortunate. The same cell damaged houses and destroyed a self-storage unit about 15 miles from here.

raindance, Pu251 and RiseNFall like this.
  8. Pu251

Pu251 Member

So happy to hear that all you were fortunate.

cornutt likes this.
  9. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

67 and sunny in san diego ...what did u expect????? great morning for a 6 mile trail run with wicked hills!!

10. Pu251

Pu251 Member

Sunny in my country too. I miss the cold days :(( It's quite hot in this winter!!

11. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Lovin So. Calif weather, after viewing BIL home on the bluff in Emmett Idaho and reading his post. Brrrrrr.

12. Pu251

Pu251 Member

It's a little bit cold in my country. That's perfect for New Year's Eve. Happy New Year to All!!!

13. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

14. cornutt

We've had Florida weather for the past two weeks. I'm not complaining. :D

15. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

The SUN is coming out, but the second in a series of storms is right behind it.
    BIL sent pic from Emmett Idaho, two homes on his street - roof collapses, and the canning factory in town - roof collapse, rationing firewood due to stormed related street/road closures from snow and freezing icy roads.
    SOOOO, although he said weather is great for skiing I think it's better for staying in and reading a good book with some hot chocolate.

Pu251 likes this.
  16. Pu251

Pu251 Member

We are so cold tooooo