USA Dance Professional Division

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by JudeMorrigan, Jan 4, 2017.

1. snapdancer

snapdancer Well-Known Member

You said: "NDCA has restricted any ballroom professional from serving in USA Dance competitions"

2. snapdancer

snapdancer Well-Known Member

Is a professional competitor in ballroom dancing, whether dancing pro-pro or pro-am, a ballroom professional?

3. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's sort of where I was going with my second paragraph. I have no knowledge of anything USAD is planning with regards to T/S, but you'd think they'd want to minimize the financial incentive to stick with NDCA comps.

Of course, while much of the discussion has focused on whether or not NDCA pros can do USAD T/S events, I suppose it's not established that pros won't be able to do both NDCA and USAD-PD pro-pro events. I'm not sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the two organizations to play that nicely together, but wouldn't it be nice if all the establishment of a USAD-PD meant was that pros had more events they could do without any additional restrictions? Just because the international organizations don't have that sort of cross-over doesn't mean we can't here in the States. Also, I could win the lottery and have a pet unicorn. :p

Sania, Mr 4 styles and RiseNFall like this.
  4. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

The pro division for usa dance is a copycat of the wdsf imo. I think they are just following along with what is now effectively their parent organization. Due to the " Olympic dream" usa dance has had to change who they are and I'm not sure it sits well with all of the membership

Independence is freedom. Yes it's harder. ask the founding fathers

s2k and raindance like this.
  5. Mr 4 styles

I'm with Jude. I could give a#@$% about the wdc wdsf hissy fit. In the USA of A we have freedom to choose. This should hold true here. And the first organization that tells me ir my pros rhat I can't dance in the other loses my business. That simple.

Borazine and FancyFeet like this.
  6. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

I can see that the USA dance website is down right now. I would assume that is evidence they have an update in progress. But it might be something else too.

7. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

what is that?

8. Mr 4 styles

A couple that teaches,owns a studio ,dances teacher student with their kids ,yet don't compete pro pro at ndca events

I know of one too who used to dance amateur couple at usa dance events

s2k and RiseNFall like this.
  9. DerekWeb

DerekWeb Well-Known Member

Seems to me USA Dance and NDCA are stuck in the international battle of the parent organizations with no viable escape route.

10. Mr 4 styles

But the idsf wasn't the parent organization. The "Olympic dream" made them bedfellows

11. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

One difference now is the leadership has changed! I know Glenn Weiss pretty well. He has a great reputation as a dancer, teacher, coach, competition organizer, and world-class adjudicator. He really knows the business, and has a lot of friends. I think there is a good chance we will see USA dance improve in the months and years ahead. It may be quite different than in the past. Let's hope that he does a wonderful job!