Ballroom Dance > USDC 2014

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by debmc, Aug 3, 2014.

1. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Only one month away! Who is going?

2. letsdance101

letsdance101 Active Member

I'm going to watch!! Sooo excited!! I have a quick question though... How do I dress to watch the comp? I'm going to the pro events so I'm wondering if a nice dress would be good... Do most of the men wear suits or is it more casual than that?

3. letsdance101

letsdance101 Active Member

Also, I mailed out the order form and check for the tickets and I was wondering if I'm supposed to receive some kind of conformation note or email or phone call... I haven't heard anything back so I'm hoping they received the check

4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

since it is hot, I think they are a bit more relaxed there than many comps...but if it was Saturday night I would still wear one of those casual long summer dresses...I think men could get by with a dress shirt and tie ....other nights aren't as formal as Saturday...

5. fascination

just watch your bank statement...if you don't see the transaction you can email them

ajiboyet likes this.
  6. Yanou

Yanou Member

Does anyone know if there will be a livestream? Paid or not?

7. fascination

wouldn't they have that on the website?....I thought there was last year

8. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

I usually just wear a nice dress, but I've seen the range of attire especially on the weekend nights.

I haven't seen anything about a livestream on their website.

9. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

So close... and so much to work on...

:coldfeet:

debmc likes this.
  10. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

I know the feeling!

MaggieMoves likes this.
  11. jerseydancer

jerseydancer Active Member

No going until amature senior events are scheduled on a reasonable day of the week, like it was in the year we went.

Bailamosdance likes this.
  12. JANATHOME

JANATHOME Well-Known Member

I am going.
    The nice thing about dancing pro/am standard is that they are usually at the end of the competition, which often falls close to the week-end. I end up having to not use a lot of vacation days to attend a comp.

MaggieMoves likes this.
  13. Elan4dance

Elan4dance New Member

For the day sessions it is business causal, so dressy is nice. I would say wear a nice dress during the day. The evening sessions are a bit more classy so a nicer dress, something you would wear for a fancy dinner.
    The saturday session i suggest wearing something very fancy.
    Most men wear a nice dress shirt and slacks to watch during the week

14. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Heat lists are up today!

15. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Anyone know if there's a livestream? I'd love to watch my coach and his partner compete in one of the events (they're doing rising star and open professional latin, both US and Open to the World).

16. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Well-Known Member

I am wondering about the livestream too - interested in rising star and open rhythm and smooth... I can't seem to find info on it yet. the googles, they have nothing. disappoint if there isn't one.

17. jiwinco

jiwinco Active Member

No livestream...

StarStreamers appear to be out of business.....their website is for sale :-b

bummer

18. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Well-Known Member

DISAPPOINT.

19. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

SADNESSSSSSSS

20. s2k

s2k Well-Known Member

Scrolling through American Rhythm - heats listed for some pro-am dancers are pre-bronze up to full closed gold. Why this is allowed? And how can you hold your head up if you're dancing full silver and full gold and still competing in pre-bronze. PRE-BRONZE! Yay, you beat people who have been dancing less than a year!

[​IMG]

Or does the answer rhyme with "honey"? As in, "Look at all the honey the organizers earn by allowing entrants to enter in every possible category despite clearly being beyond that category!"

Sandbagging makes cheering for people much less fun. :(

MaggieMoves and raindance like this.