Ballroom Dance > Waltz Music for Holiday Showcase

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by trwall99, Aug 22, 2011.

1. trwall99

trwall99 New Member

I'm looking for suggestions for Slow Waltz music suitable for a Christmas/Holiday showcase performance. Previous showcases have used: Coventry Carol, Greensleeves, Silver Bells, and Dont Save It All For Christmas Day.

2. singndance

singndance Well-Known Member

I love The Christmas Waltz. (It's that time of year, When the world falls in love, Every song you hear, seems to say, Merry Christmas, may your New Years dreams come true....) There are many different recordings on iTunes, so you can choose your style and speed.

I will put on my thinking cap and try to come up with others for you. Welcome!!!

3. ballroomdancertoo

ballroomdancertoo Well-Known Member

Noel by Andy williams. all time favorite for holiday. I believe there might be two version. you probably can tell by the melody which one is better.

4. bia

bia Well-Known Member

A thread for you with a few more ideas: Christmas Tango & Waltz Music

I notice there's not much, if any overlap between these two threads, which means that there must be all kinds of good things out there.

5. skaternum

skaternum New Member

I like the Christmastime is Here from A Charlie Brown Christmas. It's very cool, and the CD has an instrumental and a vocal (little kids singing) version. Vince Guaraldi was a genius.

6. latingal

latingal Well-Known Member

Welcome to DF trwall99!

7. trwall99

trwall99 New Member

Here are some results of my search thus far for Christmas/Holiday/Winter Waltz music:

Winter Waltz - Kitaro
    Winter Waltz - Lugo (Album "Ballroom Choice")
    The First Snowfall - Unknown artist
    Mistletoe and Wine - Cliff Richard
    Silver Bells - Neil Diamond
    Silver Bells - Johnny Mathis
    Somewhere My Love - Roger Whittaker
    We Wish You a Merry Christmas - Enya (Album "Amarantine")
    The Christmas Waltz - Kristin Chenoweth
    Snowbound - Genesis
    Don't Save it All For Christmas Day - Clay Aiken
    Pretty Paper - Roy Orbison
    Silent Night - Martina McBride
    The First Noel - Andy Williams
    The First Noel - Kenny G
    It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
    What Child Is This - Garth Brooks
    Silver And Gold - Vanessa Williams

Oíche Chiún - Enya (a Gaelic version of "Silent Night" which will need some tempo adjustment because the original song is slow)

Thanks for all the comments. I have a few more weeks before I have to make a decision, so please continue to add more suggestions.

8. murraybrenda

murraybrenda New Member

Mistletoe & Wine by Cliff Richard is a really lovely one, and I don't believe it is very well known in the US, so it would be sort of unexpected.

9. Aikimiller

Aikimiller New Member

Mannheim steamroller's The Holly and the Ivy, greensleeves, and Traditions of christmas are all pretty good. You might want to edit the intro, the first minute or so tend to be a bit sparce musicly.