Dance Websites > Website links offer

Discussion in 'Dance Websites' started by Gary Molton, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Gary Molton

Gary Molton New Member

I’ve been having dance lessons for a number of years, with several teachers, but have always struggled to remember the never ending list of new steps.

So I’ve write a mobile phone game to help people practice and remember. The app has various training modes and a game where the user get a score based on how well they move the phone in the direction and angle of the steps.

I think it’s turned out rather well and I’d like to find a few dance teachers to trial it on their -students.

Basically we will add the dance steps you teach into the program and then you can give all of your students a copy of the phone app to use as homework. I’m confident it will make a big improvement to how quickly they learn and remember the dance.

Assuming this works we’d then like to try to get articles in the local press about this new teaching method mentioning your school and our software.

All we ask is that any bugs, issue or improvements are reported back to us rather than via social media, until we fully release the program following these trials.

An online demo (no game movement feedback), phone app download (Android only) and PC setup program can be found at phonedancing(dot)com. Appreciate if anyone interested could contact me through the website form if you are interested.

2. Gary Molton

Gary Molton New Member

We've now add a link from the website to a signed app in google play which should be easier to install.
    Still only in beta test as we are adding more dance steps.

3. Gary Molton

Gary Molton New Member

Both Android and iPhone programs now released in itunes app store and google play. They are currently free as they only include basic Walz, Cha Cha, Rumba and line dancing routines at this stage.
    Hopefully the game will provide some useful homework for dance teachers to give to their students so that they can have fun practicing dance steps at home.
    But please let me know especially if their progress improves.

4. Gary Molton

Gary Molton New Member

We need someone to add/check the US versions of balroom dance steps in a new phone dancing game. This should not take long for someone with a pc and we will pay for your time. Please send me a private message if you are interested.

5. Gary Molton

Gary Molton New Member

Hello
    We have just updated our mobile phone app to allow dance teachers to create and distribute their own dance routines from within the software, for free. Although this can be done completely independently of the standard program we'd like to extend the range of dances available so are happy to maintain any links to your dance studio websites that are included within each routine. Hopefully, this facility will be of interest to some of this forum members.

In brief:
    The user version of the software displays dance steps on a mobile phone, as though they were drawn out of the floor in front of them. It then compares the way the phone moves to that expected by the dance routine and scores on how well they align.

The programming software allows dance teachers to easily record individual steps e.g. a Natural Turn, then save this a simple text file or spreadsheet csv file. Each step can include a link to a video or website containing further instructions about the dance and therefore help promote the dance studio’s website. Dance routines are then just a list of the various steps, one after another, in a text file.

The text files can be sent to ourselves or uploaded, via any ftp site, from where the dance studio’s students can download them onto their phone or tablet.

Full details and some videos explaining the process can be found at phonedancing(dot)com

6. Gary Molton

Gary Molton New Member

We produce a ballroom dancing, mobile phone game that's now getting 50-100 downloads per day from all around the world, and rising.
    Inside the game we have a 'find a dance teacher button', as the game just teaches the first steps. The button leads to a page on our website where we are starting to list dance schools.
    if anyone would like a link to their dance school then please let me know. All links help with search engine rankings, as well as the chance of new students. We'd appreciate a tweet about or follow for the game in exchange.
    You can see more details on the contact page of phonedancing(dot)com or just message me with your site name and web address if you are interested.
    Gary Molton