Dancers Anonymous > what do you guys do for living?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by yoyao, Sep 11, 2003.

1. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Financial tech, photographer, direct sales consultant. #doallthethings #makeallthemonies

2. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I throw hundreds of thousands of dollars at school in the hope to be a dentist in a couple more years. I am a negative contributor to our household right now.

OreganO, Purr and Joe like this.
  3. Dancey

Dancey Member

Computer/Electrical Engineer. So is my husband. Bunch of nerds over here :)

4. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

I make drugs.

Dancing Irishman likes this.
  5. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Breaking Bad style?

6. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

No... legally. It's just fun to tell customs the nature of my business when travelling. Usually I get a free checkup that way. :rofl:

cornutt likes this.
  7. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Cheese taster.

8. IndyLady

IndyLady Well-Known Member

Actuary

9. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Business strategy type stuff for a large bank. Currently focused on compliance with the alphabet soup of regulations out there.

10. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

chaplain/grief counselor of a hospice, pastoral minister/counselor of engaged couples for a local parish, and fitness instructor (you name it, I am certified)

11. KPomPom

KPomPom Member

But someday you won't be! Everyone always needs a dentist. My husband is also in school, and while it's hard for us now, I am incredibly proud of him and I know someday it will pay off.

Maybe your post hit a little close to home, but you shouldn't sound so hard on yourself. You've picked a practical career and I hope you enjoy it.

mindputtee likes this.
  12. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

currently: pastoral minister for engaged couples at a local parish and chaplain/bereavement facilitator for a hospice (MA in theology, BA in Sociology)
    previously: certified in multiple types of fitness instruction as well as minoring and working in food service management

13. KPomPom

KPomPom Member

That's certainly eclectic. It's funny because I also use a food service job to supplement my income now