What made you smile today?

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by wonderwoman, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Pu251

Pu251 Member

I went to the cinema with my boyfriend :D

2. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Having all my adult children in So.Calif. for a few days.
    Some grandkids but not all,,,

3. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Unmarked cars in a Wolfpack patrolling a section of my commute that people usually fly down while weaving in and out of traffic.

4. Pu251

Pu251 Member

The encouragement from my parents and my boy friend <3

5. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

Driving or to the beach for the weekend. :)

6. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Looks like you picked a bad weekend.

MaggieMoves likes this.
  7. Pu251

Pu251 Member

Sleeping until noon at weekends :))

MaggieMoves likes this.
  8. pgbsimon

pgbsimon New Member

it rained today =)

9. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

It actually cleared up and got nice!

Another thing that made me smile a bit over the weekend: Went on a date with my bf/practice partner to learn kizomba at a social dance. The instructor called us out for being too aggressive with our hips!

"Little more of that and you're going to need a room!"

:shy::D

It was a quick lesson on to be a bit more subtle with kizomba than say rumba. I did feel a little bad for the guys I rotated with!

10. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

LOL

The guys probably liked it :D

MaggieMoves likes this.
  11. 3wishes

The husband made Rod Steward Las Vegas show ticket purchase and hotel reservations at Ceasars to celebrate our August multi decade wedding anniversary! I am smiling ear to ear, As he told me this through my horrible summer cold yesterday! Can't wait.

12. Philip Rehnlund

Philip Rehnlund New Member

My neighbor's fat cat.;);)

13. Pu251

Pu251 Member

I don't remember the last time I smiled :(

14. SwingingAlong

SwingingAlong Active Member

I had the last round of my first series of chemotherapy today. I painted my nails bright red in honor of the occasion, and my family are buying me a strawberry to add to my charm bracelet:inlove: Also, I have had minimal side effects that I haven't been able to cope with in a positive manner, just 3 days over the 3 months where I felt a bit low emotionally..... and snuggling into bed helped. Who says adults don't need soft toys? I have a bumblebee, since we don't have a cat and the dog is not allowed inside, let alone in the bed:) Advice to self: Take delight in the small things every day, live every moment, and dance in any spaces which are left:cool:

cornutt, Pu251, snapdancer and 2 others like this.
  15. Roney

Roney New Member

My friend's unexcepted gift.:);)

16. Pu251

Pu251 Member

Thank you for your post so much, Swinging Along. It makes me more positive <3

17. SwingingAlong

SwingingAlong Active Member

I am glad that I can help. A long time ago, I had to do a stress management course. At the start, we had to write a list of ten things that had made us smile so far that day. It was 9in the morning, and I couldn't think of one. Six months later, I was required to repeat the course. This time when we had to write the list, I wrote 15 things, and could have written more - I had discovered how to be delighted in the tiny details of life - the edge of a leaf against the sun, a drop of water making a rainbow, the colour of the sky as the sun is coming up, the shape of a building as a silhouette as the sun goes down, the amazing colours of the lights in a city at night, the feel of wearing a nice swishy skirt, the crunch of an apple..... when you know how to look, it feeds your soul, and the delight in the tiny details of life becomes endless :)

18. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

The physical therapists have been very understanding about the fact that dancing is one of the activities being most impacted by my gimpy knee. I've demonstrated lowering in waltz and bolero to several of them, and they have shown me some exercises specifically to help with that.

RiseNFall likes this.
  19. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

Can you explain the "help with lowering" exercises? (You knew somebody would ask that!)

20. 3wishes

1) Went to OC Fair and saw Jeff Dunham (hilarilous) 2) Now, next up, Rod Steward - Wednesday in Vegas!