Funstuff and Inspiration > What made you smile today?

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by wonderwoman, Feb 2, 2010.

1. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Upgraded to the Ceasar's Penthouse Suite on the 28th floor! It is magnificent!
    All because the desk clerk asked " what brings you to Ceasars today?" And my response was our xx wedding anniversary as well as Rod Steward. It really is magnificent, can't stop smiling.

2. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Mostly stair-step exercises. Get a wooden box 4-6" high (depending on how high up one can step without pain). Facing it, I step up onto it with my right leg, bring the left foot up, then step down with first the left foot and then finally the right foot. Do twenty of these. Then face away, step up onto the box with the right foot going backwards, left up the left foot, etc., twenty of these. Then stand with the box on my right, step up sideways with the right foot, etc., twenty of those.

I've also done one where they put a squishy ball in front of me I step onto it and then bear weight into the knee as I lower, as far as I can without pain. Hold for five seconds, stand back up. Fifteen of those.

And a bunch of general leg strengthening and stretching. They seem to be particularly focused on my quads.

RiseNFall likes this.
  3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

good lessons, homemade salsa, brand new deck

j_alexandra and RiseNFall like this.
  4. Pu251

Pu251 Member

relaxing time

SwingingAlong likes this.
  5. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

The black streaks up the inside of my pink tights post-ballet class, from dragging my toes up the inside of my leg... because it's a sign of my improving technique.

6. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Preferable to brown streaks down the back of your tights, I imagine...

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  7. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

Studio won two out of three studio awards at the FADS comp yesterday. It's the first time we've won any of them. Pro and his wife have owned the studio for almost three years now and have worked so hard to make it a success. I am so happy for them and for the two "new" teachers* who are also contributing so much to the success of the studio and the students. :joyful: :dancingbanana::p :dancingbanana::D

Pro also won Top Male Teacher, but I don't think it was even close this year between the amount of time he was on the floor and the placement of his students. (At least in this region, FADS top student and top teacher awards take into consideration both number of entries and placements.)

*They've both been with the studio for over a year now, but that is how I will think of them until there is somebody newer!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    cornutt and Pu251 like this.
  8. Pu251

Pu251 Member

Congrats, RiseNFall!

RiseNFall likes this.
  9. 3wishes

My DH is turning, well, that age lol, October 14, and we will be in SLO (San Luis Obispo) rather than the Autumn Dance Classic, which made him confused when I presented all these reasons to cancel.
    My mission, to surprise him on his birthday, in our favorite Central Coast town - with a full blown trip and tour, back to Scotland, a place he loved at 22 when he was in the service but says he didn't really appreciate and dreams, one day, of going back.
    Wow! Is he going to be surprised!

Purr and Pu251 like this.
  10. Pu251

Pu251 Member

The Mid-Autumn Festival is coming soon in my country. We went shopping a lot to have a party tomorrow :)

11. 3wishes

Daughter called, setting wedding date for March 12 and walking the grounds with her partner of 6 years to make sure they both like it, best fact ever, they are getting it with full service venue and catering for 1/2 off. Yep, I am smiling away.

12. 3wishes

Perfectly FREE nights offered by the Grand Sierra Resort in Reno for Sept. Which we are taking for our road trip back and forth to Idaho. Yes people, free!!! Of course, we signed up for the rewards program in August when we were there for DH veterans reunion, but really we have nothing on that membership. YES! Free! See me smiling like a cat!

13. 3wishes

Signed up for "trusted house sitters" what a way to see the world and still get our animal fix.
    2nd big huge smile - Garth Brooks and Trisha tonight in Anaheim!!!!!

14. SwingingAlong

SwingingAlong Well-Known Member

A new flavour of chocolate at the supermarket - it is 50% dark chocolate with roasted almonds and bits of dried Black Doris plum......yummy yum yum

KPomPom and Pu251 like this.
  15. Pu251

Pu251 Member

I'm addicted chocolate :p I have just rented a new house!!

3wishes and SwingingAlong like this.
  16. 3wishes

The husband had a free room at the Grand Sierra Resort Reno NV going up to Idaho, a free room in Utah headed back to Zion and Bryce National Parks, and a 27$ room at the Virgin River hotel in Mesquite Nv, and he's home today. A trip that costs so little always makes me smile.

Pu251 and RiseNFall like this.
  17. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

New (to me) trunk monkey vids.

18. Pu251

Pu251 Member

A new holiday is coming soon to me, I just can't wait!!!

19. KPomPom

KPomPom Member

Stumbling upon this forum of fellow dancers this morning! Hello everyone! I'm so glad to be here!

3wishes, cornutt, RiseNFall and 2 others like this.
  20. SwingingAlong

SwingingAlong Well-Known Member

a tiny army of cos lettuce seedlings ..... dear man sprinkled the bag of last years saved seeds..... umm, a pinch would have been enough:rofl: