Funstuff and Inspiration > What made you smile today?

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by wonderwoman, Feb 2, 2010.

1. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Nice to meet you!

KPomPom likes this.
  2. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Welcome KPomPom!
    My smile today? Dearest Daughter calls, and no $ will change hands for her wedding, it's all trade offs with her network of people/friends she photographed! Huge huge YES YES YES , do you see me smiling ear to ear!

Pu251 and KPomPom like this.
  3. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Hah! Tailsuit pants are fitting better. Truly miss the donuts though...

4. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

RiseNFall likes this.
  5. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

I'll add it to my armamentarium.

6. Pu251

Pu251 Member

7. SwingingAlong

SwingingAlong Well-Known Member

A sunny day after a few days of torrential rain and hail. Also I soon get a holiday to visit my family, have a break from the weekly chemo treatments, watch our National Ballroom competition, and then there are only 2 lots of treatment left!!!!!!

8. Pu251

Pu251 Member

Hope you're better soon, SwingingAlong.

SwingingAlong likes this.
  9. 3wishes

It might rain!!!! Yes! Please please please!

flying_backwards likes this.
  10. 3wishes

When we drive through Texas towards Austin, our dearest (also almost ex-owners of same style store) will be coming the other way through from Alabama to Arizona...meeting up for an evening-off the highway headed in different directions,,,on the road less traveled.
    hahahaha,,,weird but fun.

FancyFeet likes this.
  11. blackswan

blackswan Member

A cancelled meeting that means I don't have to race out of lunchtime ballet break :)

12. 3wishes

Dressing the husband as "The Ultimate Tourist" for Halloween Evening even if it is a Monday! Check list
    1) huge straw hat -Caribbean style
    2) old road maps and tour guides to hot glue to top of hat brim
    3) loud colorful tourist shirt
    4) bold plaid stripe crazy shorts
    5) his, yes his, metal detector
    6) my old cameras with neck straps to hang around his neck
    PERFECT!!!! And to boot, he IS ALL in on this one. Hahahah (for those DFer's) who know my DH you must be laughing because this is just so him! Putting it together today.

KPomPom likes this.
  13. KPomPom

KPomPom Member

I love Halloween. I love the costumes! I love the sweet treats! I love that it's in the air!

Oh, I also finally finished a draft of my new mini eBook. I can not wait to start handing it out!

14. Pu251

Pu251 Member

My engagement is celebrating tomorrow. I was so eager to prepare for it <3

RiseNFall and SwingingAlong like this.
  15. 3wishes

Who says you have to play the College Football National Championship to be number 1,
    The Rose Bowl game 2017, USC vs Penn was more exciting than anything we've watched in the last few years. Rose Bowl - granddaddy of 'em, all....and me with high school chums, USC shirts and no voice left, smiling all night long! Whew!

16. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Belated: USC wins Rose Bowl. :)

17. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Reading the after-term report produced by a student we employed for the fall term, and came across:

"One of the most important lessons I learned while working with the team was that collaboration and teamwork are absolutely essential to complete the type of work that this team was responsible for. While I had my overarching tasks that I was responsible for completing, it was common for a colleague to request a bit of help, ask me to review a document they created, or to even simply listen to an idea that the colleague had about an aspect of their work. How work was completed in this team and how team members interacted with each other was, in my opinion, how I would want to structure my own team if I were to one day become a manager. Openness, communication, and willingness to lend help were all such common practices that it was normalized to seek help when I needed it. Because of this, the quality of the work produced by the team was, in my opinion, elevated as a number of capable brains were utilized for multiple tasks. My skills [...] were enhanced as I faced work that I may not have been familiar with, and yet still had an opportunity to contribute to the final product." (Edited to remove identifying details.)

May have teared up a little bit at that - so proud of my team! And also, of my efforts to create that kind of team!

(Happy tears are the same as smiling, right?)

RiseNFall likes this.
  18. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

If you're a crocodile.

cornutt likes this.
  19. Dancey

Dancey Member

Happy Friday!

After 6 weeks in a walking boot (and no dancing :() b/c of a foot injury, MRI showed up clear and Doc said I can ditch the boot.
    AND
    My new smooth dress got delivered to my office (by surprise...wasn't expecting it for a while). Took everything I have not to shut my office door and try it on in the middle of the work day...

cornutt, MaggieMoves and RiseNFall like this.
  20. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

I just got out of a boot myself (2-3 weeks ago) - It's going to take some time to get your balance back. I lost a lot of strength in my foot. Just keep at it though, and you'll be fine. Physical therapy did wonders for me.

Loki and RiseNFall like this.