Funstuff and Inspiration > What made you smile today?

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by wonderwoman, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Dancey

Dancey Member

Oh no! Hope yours is recovering well! Thanks for the encouragement, good call on the PT. I tried just standing in my smooth shoes to try on with my dress and I was wobbling all over the place, ugh. But at least I can walk normally again :)

MaggieMoves likes this.
  2. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

Baby steps, and slowly healing. I'm probably back at about 95 percent now - after 2 months. The remaining of the healing is to regain strength and stamina in my foot as well as flexibility.

I did dance for about 5 hours on Friday night. I did feel it the next morning as soreness, but I was able to do it without being in pain.

chomsky and 3wishes like this.
  3. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

New fridge with much more room!

cornutt likes this.
  4. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

firing a student that had stood me up 4 times in a row.

5. 3wishes

Outdoing and outlasting the rest of the very experienced class in the intensity of the Zumba instructor squats, to an entire much too long piece of music. HA!! Thank you skiing.

6. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Quote:

"I'm a highly skilled accountant. I can count to potato!"

chomsky and MaggieMoves like this.
  7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

skype-ing my 5 year old grandson and being shushed because he wanted to watch scooby

3wishes likes this.
  8. 3wishes

Isn't that fun Fas!! I love seeing out of state GK . And all the other conversations.
    1) hearing from real estate agent it may take only one week to sell my step-dad's house. And 45 days to close escrow. Woweeee.
    2) receiving copies of Granddaughters first of many college acceptance letter(s).
    3) I may have, finally, found my next car, a Jeep Grand Cherokee, v-6 diesel, 4 wheel drive. Maybe but high on list of top 5.

9. JordanSinger

JordanSinger New Member

Modeling at one of Amman's agencies. Its such a beautiful city with beautiful people!

10. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

I dreamt I walked onto a comp floor with no collar on my shirt, but I was wearing my bow tie. Didn't seem to matter as the judges were dancing a formation while waving swords in the air.

11. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Ruh-roh.

12. 3wishes

Final fitting of daughters wedding dress! 6 weeks to go!

MaggieMoves likes this.
  13. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

a lovely video made me laugh today!!! I don't know whether I am allowed to post the link but anyway here you go...

MaggieMoves likes this.
  14. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Hello, Chomsky! Haven't seen you around in a while.

chomsky likes this.
  15. chomsky

It' s been I don't know how many years...I think it's been 3 to 4 years I decided to quit and did just that. Nothing to even remotely remind me of dance and my passion for it.
    The last couple of weeks I found a dance teacher who has given me hope and sincerely wish all will go well this time!!!!!

16. SwingingAlong

SwingingAlong Well-Known Member

Hearing a plane take off in the distance and realising the pitch matched with the slow fox I was listening to..

chomsky likes this.
  17. chomsky

my seven students who are six years old...being surrounded with children is so fullfiling...

18. 3wishes

Bags packed for husband to drive to Texas, and one entire bag just for the actual wedding ceremony (clothes, make-up, emergency safety pins) why do I feel like it's a ballroom comp, lol.

19. SwingingAlong

Seeing a pile of sewing experiments and having an "ah ha" moment as to how I could use them all to make a dress..... S1350002.JPG I have also been playing with fabric paint and stencils, and seeing what rhinestones look good over top. Such fun. I will make another bodice and join that to the skirt in a zigzag pattern that follows the godets. That way if the new Lycra doesn't match it will become part of the design......o_O

20. SwingingAlong

Am I the only one smiling:confused:
    Today, my new overlocker (serger) arrived. Now, that was a really BIG smile:cool: and DH suggested we go and do a dance practice since it was rainingo_O:inlove:

cornutt and raindance like this.