Funstuff and Inspiration > What made you smile today?

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by wonderwoman, Feb 2, 2010.

1. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

I foster for a local parrot rescue, though I stick with the little guys. I took Lucy, a parakeet/budgie (depending on what part of the world you are in ;)) to her new home yesterday. When I left, she was preening, doing little wing and feet stretches, but hadn't moved from one spot on one perch. Big smile today when I talked to the adopter and heard that Lucy has been doing "little twirls" around the cage and took millet between the cage bars from her new parront. :D

Mr 4 styles and SwingingAlong like this.
  2. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

The next time somebody sees you in your all black dance practice clothes and asks, "Whose funeral is it?", look around the room and say, "I haven't decided yet".

3. flying_backwards

flying_backwards Active Member

Want to dance but don't know how? On sale now, today only, get Google Dance Shoes. Like a self-driving car, these hi-tech suede-soled wireless shoes will move your feet to whatever dance music is playing, up to 60 ft from any google music playing device with bluetooth and a sense of humor.

Just saw this at the end of the dance calendar sent out today, April 1st.

cornutt, Loki and RiseNFall like this.
  4. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Several offers on my step-fathers home, received yesterday all within a 4 hour time span. Hurray!!!!

MaggieMoves likes this.
  5. 3wishes

Sold, all things considered, step-dad's house in the high desert. CASH!!!! several offers came in ALL within 2 hours of each other. YIPEEEEE.

6. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

"I don't know much about your style of crazy, but I do admire your dedication to it."

7. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

This one made me LOL:

(To the Patsy Cline tune)

I go a-walkin' after midnight
    I go a-creepin' after midnight
    I go a-peepin' after midnight, watching youuuuuuu....

SwingingAlong likes this.
  8. SwingingAlong

SwingingAlong Well-Known Member

Even better, taking your new avatar into account :rofl:
    maybe I should change mine to one of those scary weeping angels and join in .......
    angel.jpg

9. 3wishes

Used “offer up” for the first time and our item was sold within the hour, yipeeeee.

10. 3wishes

Via Ancestry web site, 3rd cousins have matched me, which is leading me to the town my grandfather came from in Italy! Almost there, almost almost, discovered I have 52 cousins in Boston, OH MY!,,,wow

SwingingAlong and RiseNFall like this.
  11. 3wishes

Eating/tasting the frosting for 3 YES people 3 Halloween cakes. Yum yum.

cornutt and RiseNFall like this.
  12. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

I'm fostering two parakeets, one is around 2 and has an injured foot. The other one is around 14 and is, uh, geriatric. Looks like they've decided to become BFF. On the one hand, OH DEAR trying to find somebody who will want to adopt both of them, but on the other, OH MY they were cute together.

j_alexandra likes this.
  13. 3wishes

Winning at Hollywood Dancesport! Woo woooooo

14. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

Finding my phone

RiseNFall likes this.
  15. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Modern anti-inflammatories.

16. Carl9189

Carl9189 New Member

getting my work done

17. Carl9189

Carl9189 New Member

I too got the same feeling :)

18. 3wishes

My twin granddaughters, who had make-up on for their dance team Christmas performance for the first time, and actually asked me to teach them! A new role in their lives.