Country and Western > What's Your Favorite Dance?

Discussion in 'Country and Western' started by California, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Well-Known Member

I've done line dancing only once since youth orchestra camp. Last year I went to a ballroom social in Hawaii and was surprised that the social seemed to be ending 1.5 hours early. Then someone told me that the second half of the social was reserved for line dancing. :shock:

2. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Well-Known Member

explain the titles under the avators

Upper Class is 700 posts, so you've got 688 to go. Keep movin'! ;)

3. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

Maybe after you've been doing the same dances for years (and years), and have run out of variations to try to make them interesting, you'll start looking for more complicated stuff.
    They were doing "Chill Factor" at Stoney's in Vegas when I was there in June. Not real easy, but I loved the challenge. And when I go down there again next year....

Ever see "Cherokee Boogie"/"Hey Ho Alena"?
    I've been known to drop an "Apache Death Drop" at the end of the vine, and am working on a Native American sort of skipping thing inspired by Michael Jackson who was inspired by Natvie American dancers...

So, anyhow, you are by no means the only one who loves line dancing!

4. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

So very well put! And you see this in many of the patterns, such as Waltz-like Flip-Flops, Rumba-like moves, and Cortes. A very versatile dance that you can dance to a lot of your favorite pop songs to. I found that it was the perfect dance for a song that I love, "Somewhere in the Night" by Barry Manilow from the 70's...

5. Joyful Dancer

Joyful Dancer New Member

If I'm just cutting loose at social dancing, I "love, love, love" to dance East Coast with a good friend. He's always showing me new steps and we just have a totally fun time doing this. But of all the dances, the foxtrot is my favorite. I love the music, the clothes, and the dance itself. It was my first showcase dance so it also holds a very dear place in my heart. :)

6. Ecclesiastes3_4

Ecclesiastes3_4 New Member

East Coast Swing! It's the first dance I learned.

On the standard side, I love waltz, either International or American. It is such an elegant dance.

7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

currently....and this always changes, rumba, cha, samba, tango and quickstep

8. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

at this time, its a toss-up.....Slow Fox and Slow Waltz

9. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

For me, heart be still, it's the Waltz...

10. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

ah ray, I began dancing because of the waltz...but until I leatr to dance it better, it has lost it's place at the top...but I suspect that, in my soul, it never will be unseated

11. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Yes, fascination. I know how that goes! I started off as an East Coast Swing / Lindy dancer. But once I branched out, I really fell hard for the Waltz. And took a liking for the other American Smooth and Rhythm dances as well. I also became fond of the Samba...

12. Sunday Stroller

Sunday Stroller New Member

My favourite at the mo is "asking questions", a new dance here in the UK. Have you heard if it in the USA?

Sunday Stroller
    [removed link]

13. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

No. :)

14. dcharmd1

dcharmd1 New Member

since i love all dances, my fave dance of the moment is paso doble, my fave figure, the appel!

15. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

The appel is great fun! As for the dance itself, I can seriously get into it--including the theatrics and attitude!

16. Kits

Kits New Member

Tango-I love the strong intiment passion. <3

17. allenr

allenr New Member

I too, love line dancing.

It's not big in South Australia, but I could probably attend 2 or 3 classes within a 20Km radius of where I live in rural SA.

Love partner line dances -as a bloke theres plenty partners available, but I understand why it's not popular with the women.

18. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

19. TangoRocks

TangoRocks Member

Welcome to DF, allenr!

I dunno, I never "got" line dancing, but that's because I suppose I don't do well in formations where you HAVE to know EXACTLY what the next step/move/pattern is--it's not like in lead-and-follow partner dancing that if you miss one move, you can adapt and "save" the day... :)

20. TangoRocks

TangoRocks Member

:cheers: Amy!

One reason I will never give up American Style, even if I decide to learn International to compete one day. Bolero is sooo cool!