Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

That's pretty much the extent of it. :eek::rolleyes::p:D:confused:

RiseNFall and IndyLady like this.
  2. IndyLady

IndyLady Well-Known Member

Lol, literally.

Same here. I have very rosy cheeks (possibly mild rosacea) to the point that for most ofmy life, even as an adult, pretty much everyone (relatives, cashiers, etc) commented on it. As if I didn't already know.

I started wearing foundation about 15 yrs ago after a friend's Mary Kay party, and the comments basically ceased entirely. Some of the color is still visible, but it looks more like a mild blush now. I get tons of compliments on my skin now.

However, I do still get worried comments ("oh my gosh your face is red!") after exercising or other physical exertion that causes my face to turn even redder and the foundation to come off, so double whammy. I'm always like, yep, this is what I look like w/o makeup. "Oh."

And once a very young African American girl asked me why my ears were red. I told her because I didn't have enough pigment in my skin to mask the blood vessels. That was the end of that conversation, lol.

Purr likes this.
  3. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

My big makeup trick is to mix a drop of foundation (Estee Lauder Ecru) with a bit of BB cream (L'Oreal Fair) in the palm of my hand, then apply. It's the perfect color and coverage. Add a rosy blush and a berry gloss, along with a little eye makeup, and I'm good.

Without makeup I am pale to the point people think I look ill.

IndyLady likes this.
  4. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Translucent???

Purr likes this.
  5. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Just pale. In most makeup lines, the lightest or second lightest foundation or powder is a match for me. I have to be careful to pick something that will give me a little color, otherwise I look washed out.

If you're suggesting translucent powder, it also makes me look washed out.

6. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Today I'm wearing another of fascination's treasures, only reimagined. The original was a necklace with green stones, most likely from Kohl's. A local jewelry artist reworked it for me into a two tier necklace, adding yellow green stones, sea foam glass beads, and a yellow green and green mixed tone natural stone pendant. She used silver spacer beads throughout. The necklace is completely unrecognizable from the original. I had previously bought from the same artist a pair of light green wire wrap earrings, which coordinate with the necklace, not a match but good enough.

I'm wearing the necklace with a grassy green sweater with white polar bears.

Just realized this is the whining thread, not the random thoughts thread. My bad. :D

Sania likes this.
  7. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

ARGH, screammmmmm, just WHERE DID I put that Christmas present I wanted to kept hidden until the last minute!!! Phooey.

Purr, Sania, RiseNFall and 1 other person like this.
  8. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

No I was asking you if you are translucent purr. I have a very fair lady friend who calls herself translucent lol

Purr likes this.
  9. 3wishes

AND to conclude, after two full days of searching typical and not so typical house/ garage hiding places,,,,while rearranging the gifts for room under the tree, what did my little eyes see... OH GOOD GRIEF!!!! I already had it prepared for gift giving, good Lord and whew all at the same time.... Uhhhh go ahead, laugh. Y'all are just as guilty at some point in your Christmas years.
    My DH can't stop snickering,,, he's gonna get coal in his stocking pretty soon.

stash, Sania, raindance and 1 other person like this.
  10. SwingingAlong

SwingingAlong Active Member

:rofl: guess I get coal too

11. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

Wouldn't be the holidays without my hiding something a little too well. :rolleyes: Fortunately, it's always been something minor.

stash likes this.
  12. IndyLady

So I'm traveling out of state tomorrow (about 4 hr drive) for a milestone bday party of a good friend from high school, which her sister is hosting (sent out invites, organized, etc).

Just read friend's FB status update: "First round of blanket tying for Syrian refugees for [her son's] Eagle Scout project. Here until 8:00 tonight if you want to stop by. Second round tomorrow at 7 at my bday party."

Uh, wth. You have got to be kidding me.

13. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

am sure you don't have to participate in that part if you find it objectionable....it is her birthday....it may be important to her and something she feels others would enjoy participating in

14. IndyLady

It's not that I find it objectionable per se... but my understanding up until today was "food, fun and games". This is a last minute bait-and-switch. I can practically guarantee you that they (friend & the son - he is 16ish) are behind schedule on this project and are now seizing this opportunity to corral volunteers. I'm not sure there's going to be a diplomatic way to opt out during the event.

In any case, I've reached out to the sister to find out how much of the party this is really going to occupy now, will go from there.

15. IndyLady

OK, so it appears to be a slight misunderstanding... that is apparently an option for certain people who do not want to participate in the "games" (silly games, not risque games). Unfortunately the post was not nuanced enough to make that clear (I'm not the only one of that opinion). Bring on the cake...

fascination likes this.
  16. 3wishes

Really???!!! Just because the movie starts at 10:45 a.m., more than a few adults are Wearing their not fitted overly baggy pajamas in the ticket line...hmmmm and into the show. Must still be in exhaustive trance from Christmas Day or just lazy.

IndyLady likes this.
  17. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Current long range forecast is calling for a colder than average January. Plotz.

j_alexandra likes this.
  18. 3wishes

Mail ordered new ski boots, which got held up, because of .....snow!! In Ohio.
    Finally got them today. Well, an hour later shipped them back, upper cuff is a bit too small, darn it. Gonna have. Make my old pair work, somehow, had a feeling this was not going to be my week. Lol.

19. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Broke up with the boyfriend. He's been really angry ever since and keeps trying to blame this on my mental health and my age ("you're tearing your life apart/self sabotaging/ruining everything good, too young to realise what I'm doing, etc)

So I guess his reaction lets me know that I made the right decision. I'm looking at a house on Wednesday and staying at mums until then.

IndyLady, Purr, 3wishes and 1 other person like this.
  20. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that, L, but it sounds like you made the right decision.

Purr and raindance like this.