Dancers Anonymous > Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Sounds like the now ex-BF is a bit of a drama queen. He'll survive.

Sania and Lioness like this.
  2. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Thank you for the clarification. I'm not translucent. Although, it doesn't take much white-ish makeup to make me look goth (or vampire) like. :eek::p:D

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  3. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

What he said. Good luck!

Sania likes this.
  4. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Gah, I have a competition tomorrow and my hairstylist just called to cancel my appointment today. The salon was willing to move me to another stylist, but this seems a whole lot less than an auspicious start to things. The whole point of my shelling out for a pricey salon is to have a single stylist who I've been able to explain my needs to and who has grown accustomed to the quirks of my obnoxious hair.

5. raindance

raindance Well-Known Member

Some of those pricey salons are pretty good about having stylists take careful notes about client's hair styles so that someone else can fill in if needed when things like this happen ... here's hoping your salon is one of those.

Also, I'm sure you can explain your hair to them pretty well. Hopefully they can work with that. Good luck at the comp!

6. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

You have a hairstylist? :confused:

Mr 4 styles and Purr like this.
  7. JudeMorrigan

Don't get me wrong, when I say "pricey salon", I don't mean anything crazy. But the haircuts I got at mall shops were wildly inconsistent. And when they're bad - no amount of got2be glued can tame it. And while I like proper barber shops, they're *way* better at high-and-tight than anything else. So I decided it was worth it to shell out $30 for a haircut. *shrug*

raindance likes this.
  8. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

There's a old-style barber here who does men's cuts for $15. Same price as the hair butchers and much better outcomes.

9. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Pro's new competition pricing schedule released to students. Uhhhhh, stunned would be my word for the day as DH instantly said "a 25% increase". Silence.

Purr and danceronice like this.
  10. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

$30 for a haircut is pricey? Man, being a woman is expensive. I wouldn't trust a $30 haircut on my hair.

Sania, stash and RiseNFall like this.
  11. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

30 for a haircut is pricey. But I spend 60 to get it colored so who am I to talk??:D:eek:

12. JudeMorrigan

Plus, don't forget I live in Alabama. I'm pretty sure I could find $100 men's haircuts in Nashville, but why would I want to? :D

13. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Isn't the Hitler Youth haircut all the male competitors have nowadays basically the same thing, if you just tell the barber to leave the top long?

14. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

That's a Viking cut if you have a full beard.

15. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

stash and Joe like this.
  16. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Just $60 for a color??? The one time I went to the salon to get it color it was like $200. I only did it because I was standing up in my cousin's wedding and I wanted it to look good...

Purr likes this.
  17. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Well-Known Member

ugh. went to the tax guy today, and found out that we weren't withholding enough. Big surprise honking tax payment now, and it's ruined my plans to go to Wisc state. I am distraught, as i don't get to do independents that often, and the stars aligned between studio and money and where i am in my dancing and everything else. i know there are other comps but at the same time, my time for those will be limited, as college savings will need to take precedence soon. so i am whining. it's #firstworldproblems but maaaaaaan i am bummed.

18. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

It can be worthwhile to get a cheap version of Turbo Tax or whatever and run some rough numbers over the course of your tax year, just to check approx. where you stand.

raindance likes this.
  19. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

still don't have my mother of the bride altered dress yet...simply asked DD to mail it to me...at this point she may as well keep it there and I'll have to look for accessories there,,,NOT what I planned at all. grouse.