Dancers Anonymous > Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Screwm.

Purr and JudeMorrigan like this.
  2. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'm going out tonight dancing to keep my mind off of it. It's just my already low self esteem took a hit.

3. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Domestic Economy Airline Tickets...oh COMMMMEEEE oNNNNNNN, now. United and several other airlines introduce this March 2017,,,where you can have an "under the seat in front of you bag" and not an overhead bin unless you want to incur a fee. Seriously? No wonder my DH still insists on driving. Good Grief.

raindance likes this.
  4. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Southwest
    Southwest
    Southwest

jiwinco and Mr 4 styles like this.
  5. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

A list babyyyyyyyyyy

6. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Gym at work is closed for two weeks for repairs. :(

7. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Do they have another location you can go to in the meanwhile?

8. Mr 4 styles

Two words Cornutt

Bodyweight exercises!!

9. cornutt

They do, but it's too busy there to go during lunch. As it turns out, I haven't been able to go this week anyway. Combination of having the flu, and the house having plumbing problems.

10. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Better than the reverse, I would think.

IndyLady likes this.
  11. cornutt

Yeah, I think I'll just leave that right there. :eek:

Purr and RiseNFall like this.
  12. cornutt

Well, now that it's mid-March, winter has finally arrived. :rolleyes: We have some lillies that came up early, so I've had them covered overnight several times over the past week. However, the next two nights we're going to have near-record lows. Even covering them probably isn't going to save them from that.

13. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Heh. We haven't had measurable snow or horrendous cold since December. Yesterday the weather clowns were predicting we were all gonna die in 5-7 inches of snow. We got an inch maybe. We did get some lake effect last night and temps have been low the past few days but nothing apocalyptic.

14. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Weatherman here more or less predicted the apocalypse. We got about a half inch of snow overnight, and most of it seems to be gone now. It is very cold though.

I have a bleeding heart plant that came up way too early. I covered the sprouts with a very large colander, then covered the colander with a bath towel, then buried the whole thing with mulch. The colander will protect the sprouts from getting crushed. I'll dig it out later on in the week when it gets above freezing. I may have killed the plant with kindness, but it would have died anyway with the snow and cold. Putting the plant back in the ground, more or less, seemed more efficient than trying to tent it for a few days.

15. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Small whine today...so I ordered 3 jewelry items from Amazon Monday...two necklaces and a pair of earrings...they arrived yesterday...one necklace and the pair of earrings is what I expect...and one necklace well, isn't...the necklace in the picture has turquoise round stones, with two white and one gray oval accent stones...the necklace I received has turquoise stones, not round, more oblong, with two grey and one amazonite abstract stones...not sure what to make of it...I don't hate it...not sure if I love it...I tried it on this morning and it's striking...I just feel a little bit like the victim of bait and switch...but not motivated enough to return it either...description on Amazon said it was a display necklace in excellent condition...I love amazonite, and the accent stone might be enough to get me to keep it...

IndyLady likes this.
  16. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

And ... it's pretty much over. I don't think there's any more procrastinating on getting my lawn mowed this weekend. Merf.

17. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Sigh... I remember lawns...

18. SwingingAlong

SwingingAlong Well-Known Member

Ordered some lycra for the next stage in my latest construction/fun/play projects. Super fast delivery, it arrived the next morning. One lot was fine (for the next project) but the other, was, well it looks like mould stains..... so I phoned the company and got permission to try washing it out. No luck removing the stains, and now I am having to WAIT for the replacement material when I want to be sewing:(:mad::mad:. DH makes the comment " you have a lot of gowns, are they all for you or for someone else?" ummm..... is it possible to have too many?:oops:

19. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

LOL. Educate him that your gowns are the equivalent of his "toys", whatever those might be - golf clubs, power tools, model airplanes, fishing lures...

SwingingAlong and raindance like this.
  20. Mr 4 styles

sports cars....

cornutt likes this.