Dancers Anonymous > Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. SwingingAlong

SwingingAlong Well-Known Member

Ha - I did that when he saw my nail polish - by drawing the parallel with his Friday nights at the pub drinking beer:) The dresses are not a problem I think he was just curious!

2. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

To see if one fits??:eek:;)

Sania and SwingingAlong like this.
  3. IndyLady

IndyLady Well-Known Member

I just got "upgraded" to MS Office 2016 at work. OMG this is horrible. Who on earth thought this was an improvement over the prior version.

4. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Oh crap. We upgrade at 3PM today.

5. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Noticed over the weekend there was a pile of leaves in the gutter by the sunroom...wanted to take a picture and send it to condo management to send someone over to clean the gutter...this is what I pay condo fees for...get out a step ladder so I can get a better shot...then family member has other ideas...end up with step ladder precariously perched in the flower bed...I get up on the ladder and take a quick shot...can't actually see into the gutter, just hold my camera over it...gutter is full of leaves as expected...then family member says well, why don't you clean it since you're up there...so I end up scooping out handfuls of wet, mashed up dirty leaves and debris with no gloves...then I wipe the rest out with paper towels...noticed that two spots on the downspout need caulking...that will have to wait for another day...family member is happy we saved the condo association whatever fee to send someone out...I am happy I didn't break my neck...

6. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Gutter stuff usually stinks big time.

Surprised you needed to document it though. Wouldn't a phone call or email have been enough for the mgmt company?

7. tangotime

tangotime Well-Known Member

So tired of English announcers / presenters ,and news readers, screwing up American town/city names , and surnames (Not to even mention foreign names ).

There is one very prominent ex news reader, who always pronounces Houston as HOUSE ton.. there are numerous others..

One of the major name screw ups , to this day, is Dick Cheney's name. She ( his wife ) once corrected an interviewer, stating it is pronounced CHEENEY ..still today, ignored .

8. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

No. Last time this happened the management company thought the gutters in question were attached to sunroom, in which case they would have been my responsibility. I had to send a photo to show they were attached to the roof and wall by the garage, which is clearly their responsibility.

The management company excels at claiming maintenance items aren't their problem. I also had an issue with the outside light fixture by the garage not working; the fixture is shared with another owner. Management company claimed since the light fixture was only used by the two owners, it wasn't common property and basically it was our problem. I had someone clean it, and it works fine now.

9. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Sick kitty. Bowel problems -- you don't want to know.

10. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Sh*tty kitty?

cornutt, scullystwin42 and IndyLady like this.
  11. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Well-Known Member

Ugh. just when i've been so happy with my main home studio, and have successfully forced the owner of the second studio to interact with me as little as possible so that i can only deal with the one pro i dance with over there, i find out that my OLD pro, the one that owned the second studio and left in a terrible, terrible, burned bridges way, might come back to main home studio! WHAT IN THE EVER LOVING h*ck?! i literally never want to speak with that man again, much less dance with him. ew. ew ew ew ew ew. also, I am an ADULT. why is my life turning into a bad episode of Saved by the Bell?! At lesson tomorrow, will inform current pro that if he thinks he can dump me BACK on to old pro, he has another thing coming. and that thing will be my fist in his face. because i am not about to downgrade - current pro took a year to reteach me everything i'd learned wrong from old pro - and also NO. my name is no, my number is no, you get the picture. OK. rant over.

fascination, RiseNFall, Purr and 2 others like this.
  12. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Boo-yah!

Joe and scullystwin42 like this.
  13. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

@scullystwin42 what makes you think current pro would want to ditch you? And perhaps he's thinking the same thing?

Get that you were ranting, but maybe simply say 'hey, I heard old pro might be coming here. Just wanted to let you know I'm happy working with you, and want to keep it that way'.

(Also, HATE IT when my life turns into a teenage soap opera. My commiserations.)

14. scullystwin42

@FancyFeet - he's also the owner (with his wife), has a 3-month old, and he's talked about going off the floor. BUT I like your approach, and think i will use it. I do tend to have a knee-jerk reaction of anger when old pro is brought up; it's terrible, but i do sometimes hold grudges. new pro does have a big ego, though (although he's aware of it, and can take jokes about it), so appealing to that might soften my whole 'punching you in the face' statement, lol.

and preach on the soap opera. good god.

FancyFeet likes this.
  15. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

You're getting way too involved in this drama for your own good...

scullystwin42 likes this.
  16. scullystwin42

Well, it is my dancing, so i kinda have to be involved, :wacky:. But definitely not letting it take over my life. sometimes ya gotta rant and whine to let it go!

RiseNFall and IndyLady like this.
  17. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I hear you ...I try to remind myself, that I am in control of that for which I pay...and there is always another alternative if I don't care for the options available at one location....

IndyLady, scullystwin42 and Loki like this.
  18. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Yes, you the consumer are in charge of what lessons you want to take, and who you take them with. It's best not to get involved in a studio's drama, because there always is one drama or another going on.

scullystwin42, fascination and Loki like this.
  19. snapdancer

snapdancer Well-Known Member

I like to get close enough to the drama to enjoy the show, yet not so close that I'll be hit with any of the shrapnel.

20. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

man....not me...I have learned that some folks have incredibly long range....

scullystwin42, raindance and cornutt like this.