Dancers Anonymous > Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Well-Known Member

so, my rant ended up being just that, a rant. I was quickly assured that old pro will not get any competitive students and especially not me. so that is nice. i do hold grudges (i know, it's terrible), so i am not pleased he's going to be anywhere near me, but i'm not going to lie, there was a little schadenfreude on my part upon learning why he turned tail and had to come back. Ok, i'm a terrible person. thanks all on the thread, esp @FancyFeet !

RiseNFall, IndyLady and FancyFeet like this.
  2. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

LOL. Not uncommon.

scullystwin42 likes this.
  3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

well look, there is a difference between holding a grudge and having learned that someone is a jerk and not wanting to engage with them again...and there is a difference between actively wishing someone harm and feeling somewhat vindicated when they see a bit of justice .....shrug...

4. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Well-Known Member

@fascination you always have such reasonable responses, i love them

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    RiseNFall likes this.
  5. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

She does.

scullystwin42 likes this.
  6. fascination

Mr 4 styles and scullystwin42 like this.
  7. IndyLady

IndyLady Well-Known Member

IT red tape. Two days later and I am STILL waiting for my intern to be granted admin rights on his PC so we can install the software he needs to actually do his work. And no indication in the (new) system I had to use to request this as to how to request an ETA or set it to higher priority in the first place. Just sent an e-mail that will probably entrench me even further on the blacklist. This is so ridiculous.

8. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Yes, make a continued or what is perceived as a badgering request, go to the back of the line. Hope it works out.

9. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Small whine...feeling heartbroken and miserable, again...not a out and out rejection...but the nebulous uncertain place that is the friend zone...think the former might have been preferable...don't know what's wrong with me...

10. IndyLady

I think we finally found someone who can expedite this. Turns out one of my colleagues was having the same problem/request. Frankly, if you don't speak up, you will often find yourself even further back in the line. Or more accurately, in a black hole. The system here is very, very broken.

Purr likes this.
  11. DerekWeb

DerekWeb Well-Known Member

Quite often, in a large corporation, the work is outsourced to a company off shore, most likely in India. In the race to save money, the contract probably gives them a week or two to respond. The race to the bottom is still alive and well!

IndyLady likes this.
  12. fascination

you know...sometimes, people just hit a place where they discover that their needs/views/personalities aren't meshing at the moment ....so contact drops off more out of a place of affection and gratitude...that the distancing person accepts and doesn't expect the other person to change and doesn't want to end the relationship, but needs their space nonetheless...but if it is causing you real pain, you could just approach them with a question about whether or not something has happened...or it could just be that they are wildly busy or going through something that they aren't sharing with anyone...

raindance likes this.
  13. IndyLady

Yes, that's the case here (first sentence). Thankfully this issue has been resolved and we can now move forward. I just find it very frustrating how much mental energy and effort has to be expended to get simple things done/accessed so that we can do our jobs, compared to what I expend doing the actual technical work of my job.

14. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

It makes sense. From the other person's point of view, having a friend is probably more important than anything else.

15. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

That's true. But you also have to decide if that's the type of relationship that works for you. Sometimes it just doesn't. If that happens, you need to do the "it's not you, it's me" speech. It will be painful to do, but you'll be relieved afterwards.

16. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Have been trying for two months to get a plumbing place to give me an estimate on some work we need done. It's going to be a complex job (have to excavate part of the foundation, re-route a soil line, and move an air conditioner), and there is no one else in town I trust to do it. Talked to a manager yesterday and he swore that they would have me an estimate by COB Friday.

17. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I get it. After some thought, I think it's more important for this person to have a friend, no matter how much angst it might cause me. I'm quite sure this person has been badly hurt, and I also have the feeling this person is a little lonely and sad. So I'm just going to go with what this person is comfortable with, at least for the time being.

18. fascination

maybe also take a look at why it causes you angst and what part of that you can let go of

Purr likes this.
  19. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Good advice. I've also been thinking about that as well.

20. IndyLady

1. I guess I am back to appearing to being just engaged, as my wedding ring (the band, not the ring with the diamond) has gone AWOL somewhere in my bathroom. No time to search extensively for it this morning, but so far have not spotted it on the counter or floor. Grrrr.

2. Seriously, why is there an anti-theft tag on a $16 sports bra? Didn't discover it until I got home last night and emptied the shopping bags. FWIW, the alarm did go off as I exited the store (big box store), but this is the third time this has happened recently (usually it's costume jewelry that has something embedded in the packaging), the greeter was nowhere in sight and I was already on a tight timeframe so I wasn't about to go back in and track someone down to prove I didn't steal anything. Back to customer service tomorrow I guess.