Dancers Anonymous > Whining Thread #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by cornutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

If they are having to plead on FB the day before the event, then it sounds like the recruiting has not gone well. Gee, I wonder why. :rolleyes:

Mr 4 styles and FancyFeet like this.
  2. IndyLady

IndyLady Well-Known Member

I was not paying close attention to the label, and the pint of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia that I purchased the other day is the non-dairy version. This is like expecting filet mignon and biting into a White Castle Burger. Even the chocolate flakes aren't good. Argh!

3. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

The horror!

Breakroom coffee sucks.

Purr likes this.
  4. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

And what did you expect??!!:eek::D:p

You should have brought your own from home or your favorite coffee shop. Says me as I am sipping chai tea with honey and creamer; don't care it's hot outside; it's been a rough morning and I need tea.

5. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

I'd bring my own and make a pot but then my coworkers would mooch it all.

6. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

And so it goes. Bring your own in a large thermos. Or if you must make it fresh, keep the coffee pot in your office.

7. IndyLady

I've seen people here with their own personal Keurigs at their desks. There's also a communal one in the breakroom. I personally drink a travel mug of coffee on the way to work but that's it for the day.

Those were probably more suited to the "random thoughts" thread than the "whining" thread, but there you go.

8. Sania

Sania Well-Known Member

I bring my own and make a pour over with a small melitta cone

9. bia

bia Well-Known Member

They stickified the floor of our practice room at the rec center (while "cleaning" it, presumably) so it's undanceable and instead we have to use the room that's too small for rounds. A week out from the comp. TDNWMH.

10. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Work out a deal to practice at a studio

11. bia

bia Well-Known Member

Closest ballroom studio is an hour and a half away. Only non-ballroom dance studio in town has marley on all the floors, and the rooms are too small, anyway. I did a major search for practice space a few years ago and came up completely empty, but there are some new possibilities since then (new pilates studio, yoga studio, and barre studio), so it may be time to check out their spaces/schedules/rates. Though not what I want to be giving my attention to this week.

12. bia

bia Well-Known Member

Nope -- yoga studio is too small, maybe-big-enough pilates studio has machines all over, pure barre studio is carpeted. Oh well, at least the research was quick.

13. Mr 4 styles

High school gym??

14. bia

bia Well-Known Member

We'll figure it out; just needed to whine a little. See you in Baton Rouge!

15. Mr 4 styles

You bet!! Come say hi!!!:D

16. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Went to Ribfest with my coworkers... ate SOOO much yummy BBQ. I have a food-baby going on right now, and kind of just want to undo the button on my pants, lie down and rub my tummy. But apparently that's not "workplace appropriate" or whatever :rolleyes:

Purr, Joe, Mr 4 styles and 2 others like this.
  17. FancyFeet

Why is it so hard for someone to answer a question with: a) the information being sought; or b) a simple "I don't know" or "I've never thought about that"?

Don't give me random words that don't tell me what I'm asking and don't even really relate to what I'm asking... or worse, are a rephrasing of my question. And yes, I noticed that you deleted the original question from your reply, and took off some (not all, so it's not a 'reply' vs. 'reply all' issue) of the people I c.c'd. Don't worry, they now have your nonsensical reply.

(I need alcohol. Or something to hit.)

18. IndyLady

FF, do you and I work at the same office? lol

Also a work thing.... why do people insist on trying to start a conversation when they pass you in the hall and it is clear that you are either (a) leaving for the day, or (b) about to enter the restroom. Srsly, this is not a good time to talk, how is that not obvious.

The other day, I encountered one of my co-workers in the hall as I was leaving at the end of the day (bag/purse in hand). Apparently the sight of me inspired some profound thought in his head because he started to say something (I don't recall verbatim but it was clearly one of those "let's play with some ideas" lines of discussion). I immediately said "Sorry, I have to go" and kept walking. He practically yelled after me "I just need 30 seconds!" I kept walking.

The next day, he randomly stopped by my cubicle and said, quickly and kind of breathily (like when you're nervously chewing someone out), "I wanted to stop by and say hi and bye since I know you're really busy ok see you later."

Now, in all fairness, I (and some others) are pretty sure this guy is on the spectrum due to these types of repeated episodes of social obliviousness. He's generally a nice guy and has some good ideas, and I try to be patient with the occasional 15 minute stream of consciousness monologues when he stops by, but frankly those two encounters dried up my sympathy for a while.

Btw he's not the only one guilty of my initial complaint, but he's by far the worst offender. I think he's starting to notice that I cut him off a lot but he's not putting 2 & 2 together about when is a good time to chit-chat, or to perceive when someone actually is busy and cannot spare time for small talk (which has been this past week for me).

19. SwingingAlong

SwingingAlong Well-Known Member

I had an issue like this at work as well. I found that saying something like "sorry to cut you off, but I'm really busy right now . I am also flat out for the rest of the week. Things will be better once I have "x" done, and I will have time to listen then, so could you drop by on Monday? I'd love to hear your ideas then."

IndyLady and Sania like this.
  20. FancyFeet

Dreamtime Creations is having a sale. I am now poor.

Sania, SwingingAlong and Joe like this.