Ballroom Dance > WIDE feet!!! and ballroom shoes

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by elaine, Aug 25, 2004.

1. WildE

WildE Member

Oh shoot...new here...desperate to find referrals lol big shoes, plus dancewear, tall dance partners/instructors as well yet I am in the USA, Minneapolis, MN aka Twin Cities.

2. twnkltoz

twnkltoz Well-Known Member

Welcome, WildE!

WildE likes this.
  3. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

WildE, you're taller than I am, but I may be able to help with dancewear... PM me what you're looking for, and I can tell you sources I've found that suit a taller frame.

I have fairly small feet for my height, so may not be of much help there, but I have a few ideas :)

4. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

How tall are you looking for?

5. WildE

WildE Member

Well a 6'2" to 6'8" gent would be splendid yet 5'10"-6'2" is the lowest I would prefer for an instructor or consistent dance partner. If you are referring to heel height of shoe well anything feminine 1"-2" heel. I cant wear spiked heels anymore. Adding height just makes finding a partner even more impossible anyway.

6. snapdancer

snapdancer Well-Known Member

I took a week-long business trip to the Twin Cities several years ago. Your town has an active ballroom scene with lots of studios and a USA Dance chapter. Have you found out about all the options? Suggest you start here: http://usadance-minnesota.org/

7. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

I'm 6' tall, and there is one lady that comes to out studio that stands at least a couple of inches taller. I know there is a very tall couple in the bay area as well. One thing is for sure... you get noticed! :)

I did some research and it seems that 3.9% of men are 6'2" or greater. What I don't know is if the same percent chooses to get into ballroom dancing!

8. earline

earline Member

hi Elaine I have the same foot width problems . Did you find any wide width dance shoes

9. earline

earline Member

Hi Elaine Did you find any wide width shoes?

10. twnkltoz

twnkltoz Well-Known Member

This post is from 2004, and I don't think she's here anymore.

11. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

Comfort Dance Shoes is another place that has wide shoes...and they are returnable, something I greatly appreciate.

LilLeo67 likes this.
  12. anntennis

anntennis Active Member

I order directly from UK. I have very small but wide feet. My instructor suggested buying directly and I always order directly from Rayrose or Supadance. You do have to pay tax and delivery, but it is still cheaper than in US and great quality. All our studio orders this way.

Wide shoes:

http://www.rayrose.com/ladies-ballroom?specs=9

The best practice shoes as well:

http://www.rayrose.com/practice
    or
    http://www.supadance.com/shop-online/ladies-options.html

Wide shoes:
    http://www.supadance.com/shop-online/ladies-options/ladies-ballroom.html?shoe_fitting=86

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  13. anntennis

anntennis Active Member

So average price about $130

114.95 Euro equals

128.09 US Dollar - not bad for good shoes

Disclaimer
    [​IMG]

14. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Well-Known Member

Bump on wide shoes! I love my Ray Rose Kalaharis, but they are getting rather pinchy and uncomfortable around my toes...Has anyone tried their wide version? I'm a little nervous about it, since they don't offer it in a flared heel at 3", only straight heel 3". and it's special order...I don't think any vendors will be near me soon to try it on. I was looking at Aidas as well, but I'm nervous about how everyone says they wear out quick...

15. Spookisgirl

Spookisgirl Active Member

I have wide feet and where Aidas in Extra-wide. I sent them a pdf tracing of my foot with measurements for length, width and circumference of the ball of my foot (as that is the real problem, my feet are thick more than wide. They gave a recommendation for size, and I was able to special order them. I have had them for quite some time and they show no sign of wearing out, and I dance quite a bit. I found the Aida vendors very eager to help.

16. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the feedback!

17. LilLeo67

LilLeo67 New Member

I have a hard to fit foot. My foot measures 9cm across & 24cm long. Yes, I
    have an extra wide foot. I normally need a D width shoe however, I'm having
    problems finding dance shoes is a D width.

How wide is your shoe sole across the ball of the toe?

The best fit is a 7.5 D width, however I can possibly wear an 8 wide if I
    add extra padding & build up the heel cup at an additional fee with a
    cobbler. But I still have problems keeping the shoe on my foot while
    dancing!

Alibi.com advertises D width but they don't. And they won't correct their mistake. I ordered a pair of D width & I got narrow. When I contacted them, they insisted that it was the correct width. I took a picture with a measuring tape to show them the sole was not a wide width. They told me to cut up the shoe & send a picture. and still would not send the correct shoe.
    Many sellers on the site advertise D width but all of the ones I have contacted do not support wide width!

Light in the box used to & only has a few options left for D width.

Sway D.com has great boots for swing dancing but their sandals are not wide enough for my foot. The toe box is larger but not the sole of the shoe.

I'm going to try Carmen's next. They sent a supportive email response when I asked if they could support my shoe size.

18. GinaN

GinaN Active Member

@LilLeo67 I just measured the widest part of my foot and it's 3.5" wide (which is around 9 cm). I wear a 7.5 US.

I have been wearing the Aida Karinas in the 23 square toe, double wide. I just measured the widest part of the shoe (from the bottom) and it's about 3". I can wear them and feel comfortable but notice that when I take the shoes off the straps still dig into my skin quite a bit.

Next time I need to order I am going to try their triple wide.

19. rels77

rels77 Active Member

I wear the karinas and Astas in triple wide now. I LOVE THEM! I had to go down a half size in length but now they are perfect with just the right amount of toe at the front edge!

20. GinaN

GinaN Active Member

I might try the Astas so I don't get that white hole in the heel cup.

I have the double wide now but I am definitely going to try the triple.

How did you realize you needed to go down half a size? Instinct, or you tried them in your usual size and the triple wide felt too lose?