Ballroom Dance > WIDE feet!!! and ballroom shoes

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by elaine, Aug 25, 2004.

1. rels77

rels77 Active Member

I use the astas for practice for the same reason- heel cup.

And they Ilia told me to size down - before I was getting longer shoes because bigger size meant a little wider as well. He told me to go back down in size and get wider. They are DREAMY. Just glorious. I'm like princess and the pea with shoes and I will never buy another brand.

scullystwin42 likes this.
  2. GinaN

GinaN Active Member

The 23 is short on me already because that's how I like my shoes - so I don't think I would need to go down a half a size then. I'll probably just try the 23s in the triple wide so I get the most width, and I'll see how they feel.

How are the Astas in person? I could see the suede looking really pretty (pictures welcome :D). Are they lasting you longer by the heel cup.

3. Spookisgirl

Spookisgirl Active Member

For those wearing the triple wide in Aidas--how do you find the heel cup? I have issues with a wide front and narrow heel, so a wider shoe usually means good on the front but my heel is moving around all over the place because the heel cup is so big and that makes it unstable for me.

I have aidas in double wide now, but considering the triple wide, as I know I am sacrificing length for width.

4. GinaN

GinaN Active Member

I don't yet have the triple wide, I have the double wide. The heel cup feels a bit loose to me now but I don't think it did in the beginning. Then again I am so focused on getting the front of my feet comfortable I don't know that I pay as much attention to the heel. But I think I would have definitely noticed a loose heel cup because I do notice it now. Keep in mind I am pretty sure I don't have a narrow heel (there's nothing narrow at all in any part of my leg :p).

I'm going to order the triple wide next for sure. I'll pay attention to the heel cup and report back.

5. rels77

rels77 Active Member

IMG_7127.JPG My triple wide heel cup doesn't feel any different to me than the double wide.

And btw - my astas. I dance about 10 hours a week in mine. My last pair lasted ALMOST A YEAR. Heel cup was in the best shape of all. The satin is slightly lighter than the dark tan of the karinas. But I don't think structurally they are any different.

Miss Silly, scullystwin42 and GinaN like this.
  6. GinaN

GinaN Active Member

Thanks for posting @rels77 . The Astas are pretty. I wish they were the exact same color as the Karinas though because that color won't be as flattering on my skin tone as the dark tan satin is. I'll try them though.

7. rels77

rels77 Active Member

Honestly, IRL you can barely tell they're different unless you put them next to each other. It took me 6months before I really noticed.

8. Spookisgirl

Thanks for posting! Has anyone tried the 'new' heel that aida seems to have? It looks to be more forward than the old style.

9. rels77

rels77 Active Member

I'm not sure how you define "new"- I've been wearing them for 2 years and the heel has always been in the same place. One of the reasons I love them is the heel placement

10. Spookisgirl

I was looking on the website and they listed a 'new' heel option along with the flare and straight.