"Women in High Heels"

Discussion in 'Dance Articles' started by BodiesByBija, Nov 27, 2004.

1. randomMysh

randomMysh New Member

They're still flexible and they're still padded...at least all the ones i've seen up close, so I vote no. I mean, in order to do a lot of that complicated advanced stuff you have to have pretty strong feet, which will help to compensate for the additional strain of no arch support....although having that arch support would make dancing feel better. :)

2. blue

blue New Member

I just come from my AT private... and my teacher stressed the importance of arch support in high heel shoes! She said it can be in the curve of the shoe sole, how it is made, or you can put stuff in the shoe to make it better. She suggested me to go to a Scholl shoe shop, or similar, and get help with what size pelotte I should have. Not sure if I can find pelotte (support for the front arch) and arch support in the same sole, but I'll look for it!

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

4. blue

blue New Member

Yeah, s'ppose it is not the same word in English... thank you pygmalion! It is a support for the front arch, the one that some people (mostly women) can damage permanently. The red spot in the shoe shows quite clearly where it is located.

5. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I think it's the same word, just not commonly used. You know us -- lazy Americans. :wink: :lol:

6. BodiesByBija

BodiesByBija New Member

I'd like to mention a wonderful invention for high heel wearers by a company called Insolia.

It's a small gell-filled pad, fairly thin, that adheres to the inside of the shoe in the heel and arch area, which holds your weight more in the heel. It sort of sticks to your foot so you don't slide down into the toe box and jam your toes to death.

This imaginative little thing makes high heel wearing quite comfortable!

I can't give the exact website, but I think you can figure it out... put the word "insolia" in between the usual www's at the beginning and the dot-com at the end and you will find it.

Hope this doesn't violate Dance-forum's policies, but I think every woman should have these.

7. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

That seems like a good idea, Bija! I would like to try them out. I tend to sweat a lot(especially in this humid country) so I'm wondering if the product would be effective for sweaty feet.

8. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Intriguing idea... I've got to try them. M&S are listed as distributors in Europe... will have a look. :car:

9. BodiesByBija

BodiesByBija New Member

They work perfectly with bare feet because they are slightly 'sticky' so you kind of stick to the heel instead of sliding down into the toe box. Plus they're slightly padded too. So if you're sweaty I think they'd work fine.

I'm just trying them out now, so just figuring out how they actually work. tomorrow I have jury duty and i'm wearing a pair of 3" stilettos to the court house, so I'll have a good chance to try them out on the marble floors. I'll report back.

10. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Thatks for the info and I look forward to the feedback report. :D

11. BodiesByBija

BodiesByBija New Member

Well, between my Bandalinos with a tiny ankle strap that keeps me in the heel, and the Insolias, my feet never hurt all day, and I walked 10,000 steps.
    You knkow they weren't as comfortable as my Nike Shox of course, but for high heels I have to say, not bad!

They're hard to get though, so keep trying the web site, and if anyone finds a regular distributor for them, post it! I just happen to have a couple pairs from the manufacturer to try out. If you can get them, get them!

12. Trumpets Go!

Trumpets Go! New Member

this is worth it to do so, cause my feet in pain everytime I wear heels.

13. girllly

girllly New Member

I don't like to wear high heel on dance.