Dancers Anonymous > yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

More than a week ago? CRS. Highlights:
    Sunday: matinee on 59th street, one block east of 5th Avenue. That means Trump Tower Territory, on a Sunday afternoon. Note to self: don't do that again for the foreseeable future.

Monday: pre-competition madness lesson; group class that night

Tuesday: bring competition gown to lesson but don't put it on until about 45 minutes in; this turns out to be a poor choice, and much finger shaking and certain commands ("You bring that in tomorrow and you WEAR IT FOR THE WHOLE LESSON" and more wtte); things had been going well up to that point, but the gown has a mind of its own, and it wanted to do what it wanted to do, instead of what Teach and I have been working on

Wednesday: Gown on; lesson fine

Thursday: Rolfer; much cooking and baking; dinner in the city with a friend I've known since junior high

Friday: To Boston for competition with DB#4; easy drive but many, many state troopers and speed traps; arrive, unpack, re-stone and steam gown, go to bar to grab a bite, relax, hang out in bar and watch people all dressed up for gala as they walk by; it's like being on the red carpet; asleep by 9

Saturday: Long slow prep for competing -- get hair and makeup from new vendor, and I'm in love, I've never looked better, they are delightful team of kind people, and all good
    Warm up with Teach
    Single dances not until 4:30 pm, scholarship at 5:30
    Wash that glue right out of my hair
    Dinner with DB#4 and Teach in hotel; asleep by 11:30

Sania likes this.
  2. j_alexandra

Sunday:

Drive home; shower the last of the tanner off my back
    Wheelchair dance class 1-3
    Dinner with DB#4 at favorite hot and spicy Chinese restaurant
    Home; crash

3. j_alexandra

Yesterday:

Lesson
    Errands
    Utter crash and burn exhaustion
    Group class

4. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Woke up just dandy.
    two hours later. BLAH, YUCK, and ICK.
    5 friends call, text in the morning,,,all of them...not feeling well but not really "sick". Decide it must be our drastic weather change. Yet again.
    Contemplate a "for left handers (some sort of web) store" need to talk with DH.
    Neighbor visits, she's not feeling great either. OK, so what gives...I mean seriously,,,,everyone? geezz.
    head to get flu shot(s) - with DH.
    Drop off StreetStrider for gear box repair and note pretty neat regular bikes. Far out of my price range.
    Grandparent day at GS#2 school. His card made me cry..yep...pulls at my heart.
    Karate for GS and Barnes and Noble visit with him.
    Perfect day, although the start didn't seem like it was going to go well at all.

5. j_alexandra

Tuesday:

Lesson
    Father leaves a recipe for lemon bundt cake prominently displayed on kitchen table, along with other hints, such as the bundt pan
    Nephew not feeling well, may have a kidney stone, so I stay home from group class in case he needs to go to ER; last time he had a stone, he was in badly-managed ER for an overnight, so that's NOT happening again
    Read a lot

6. j_alexandra

Yesterday:
    To Gyro; on my way there, get call from Gyro teacher, her oops; reschedule to 10:30
    Bake lemon bundt cake
    To Gyro; it is so wonderful go have a Gyro teacher to whom I can show my comp photos and say "SEE THIS?? THAT"S WHAT HAPPENS BETTER B/C OF HERE" and she gets it
    Errands
    Home; make dinner; try lemon bundt cake for evaluation purposes only, I swear
    HBOGo and don't I appreciate having the laptop connected to the 24" monitor for The Young Pope
    Read; z

please note LACK OF LESSON, which I will get over, I promise

Sania likes this.
  7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

wed...hmmm, taught a class...was touched that ladies bought me 2 massages as a thank you...spent most of the day making calls and in meetings but I sort of needed that...home to some stresses but things got better...

thurs....taught fitness class again today but one of the ladies who is a bit of a curmudgeon was in a huff because I was being attentive to the ladies who want to mix things up a bit, so she didn't show.....you cannot please all the people all of the time....visited two patients whose first language is not English so that was a good opportunity to put my marginal Spanish to use....worked all day and then took a lesson with my first pro...spent rest of evening on the phone with son....baby steps there in his adulting woes but generally trending upward

3wishes likes this.
  8. 3wishes

Zumba.
    Check in with neighbor whose garage is spilling out onto driveway, construction and remodeling! Yard sale planning and adult boy moving out.
    Watch Fox News only because DH is quite interested in news lately, uhhhh.
    Find ski wax, check conditions, drag out bigger-heavier sticks (skis) and try to plan sneaking GS2 out of school to finish teaching him skiing before he learns to snowboard.
    Wait for much anticipated new fridge delivery, which has amazing space configuation that I insisted on with DH. If this has and is an unexpected purchase because our other one pooped out, then I am getting exactly what will work for us, so there!!!
    Cancel meetings, move schedule around.
    Dump ice. Transfer foods, clean up floors from old fridge removal and wella, we're both pretty happy about this.
    Enjoy the sun, clear weather, and good conversation, finish evening off watching Kingsman movie.

9. 3wishes

Yesterday was a big day. Not in the way most would think, but for those who connect with my FB page you already know.
    Yesterday, at the Marriott Phoenix-Mesa was the POW-MIA awards/event.
    My Uncle Joseph Smith, Army, 1st Lt., was a POW- Korea.
    Awarded yesterday, through the vast and deep efforts of my father (marines-Korea, retired Navy Comdr.) and the Pow-MIA case worker organization, the Purple Heart, Silver Star, Bronze and several others.
    joe married my fathers sister. They had two girls. My first cousins (both deceased from PCK disease), however, he was captured when they were toddlers so they didn't really grow up "knowing him" just of him through our family and their mother. Their own daughters (my second cousins) flew from Jersey to Phoenix and it was a very happy, joyous day/evening.
    His "bones" were never released and are still in North Korea, we know the exact coordinates from other POW's that were in the camp with him. His life is not forgotten. The work this group does is amazing, strenuous at times, and when it does come to an end like this, there are simply no words, while "thank you" just doesn't seem to do it. This was our yesterday.

Sania, j_alexandra and cornutt like this.
  10. fascination

this . is .wonderful......so happy for your family over this honoring

j_alexandra, cornutt and 3wishes like this.
  11. fascination

friday... drive to Milwaukee ....4 lessons...drive home while talking with buddy...no clue what else
    sat- teach a fitness class, tan, buy tequila, do dishes and laundry, watch Selma and the news (bad combination), practice rhythm...
    sun...sleep in, tan, skype w/ son and grandbaby, cook for engaged clients who are coming over: italian beef, pasta salad, chicken salad, nachos...couple was delightful....estimated activities this evening will be: packing and sorting for upcoming comp, practicing smooth, soaking in tub, watching something mindless....

12. 3wishes

Prepping the sale of step-dad's home in high desert.
    Watch all PRO football game.
    Ate Pizza for the first time in a month...and....it was WONDERFUL. Darn. Heh heh heh.

13. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

My family doc has been insisting for a while now that I needed to go see a cardiologist and get checked out. I have no symptoms, but he has been concerned due to family history which I've told him about. So I'm finally doing it this month.

Today was treadmill day. They had me on the treadmill for about 20 minutes. It started at a very slow speed, and gradually sped up and increased incline. At the end of the test, it was a very brisk walking pace. They injected me with an imaging dye during this. Then they sent me to the waiting room with a packet of crackers to eat and a cup of water. (?) After about 20 minutes, they came and got me and ran me through the MRI, then back to the waiting room.

The doc looked over the results and came to talk to me... "it all looks perfect; no problems at all. Keep doing what you're doing." :cool: Now I can go back to my family doc and say, "told ya." :D

Sania, Purr, 3wishes and 4 others like this.
  14. fascination

15. fascination

teach a fitness class...work 2 hours...drive home to eat and nap...work some more...currently in decompression zone

16. 3wishes

speak with real estate agent - who was also my step-dad' neighbor.
    drag out documents from closet,,,,final closure coming soon.
    laughed at our tax documents for 2016 - geeez, thoughts abound about "charging by sheer weight of paper"
    Enjoy amazing views of the San Gabriel Mountains, and seriously wish sponsor would provide new ski boots that actually fit me. darn .....it.....all.
    Break out....Russian Frosting Tips. ohhhh YES, new play things...can't wait to try out these things.

j_alexandra likes this.
  17. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

This weekend included:

- Ballet class, where I started to learn my first variation ever! We'll be doing the shades trio from La Bayadere... en pointe. Which I've just started - or rather, will be starting, next week. (I am both excited and terrified. Trying to trust that the teacher wouldn't be asking me to do it if she didn't think I could.)
    - Skirt haircut, then sewing umpteen metres of crin trim and fishing line to my dress.
    - Hair appointment, where I lose more length than originally planned... but finally also the last bit of noticeably thin hair from when I was sick a few years ago. I'll need to use my hair extensions to have enough for my comp updo this weekend, but that's do-able.
    - Rounds. Sweaty, sweaty rounds.
    - Rhinestoning - necklace, bracelets and armbands.

The rest is a blur.

Sania and j_alexandra like this.
  18. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Yesterday. Flew home from southeastern dancesport usa dance event. Thanks to Wayne crowder for a great event. Oh and I met bia!!!!! Woot woot

19. fascination

summary: drive to comp, compete, visit with friend, drive home, back to the grind

j_alexandra likes this.
  20. 3wishes

Thought about heading to Costa Mesa for Calif. Dancesport yesterday. Yep "thought" about it. Heard dire warnings about huge biggest of the season rain storm headed our way and decided to catch up around house and yards - because really, no one knows how to drive in the rain - here. And I'm not about to. Snow is another thing, no problem.
    Gave DH a "gift" pedicure with lower leg massage. He's been recumbent biking his bum off since hurting his back, and he LOVED it "best Valentines gift ever" according to him.
    Caught up with other retirees, and the Oroville Dam/Spillway situation - kinda got dragged into that one.
    DD - and her partner - countdown to outdoor wedding while GS#2 gives us the stinkeye because we are not pulling him out of school to attend.
    Planning finishes with deciding to stay for Austin Rodeo which is the same week as wedding apparently.
    Finished day with shredding BOXES of business paperwork, finally!!!!

Sania likes this.