Dancers Anonymous > yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

summary...work, lessons in which I figure out what the hell happened to the first wall of my foxtrot at comp.....yard work....not much else...it is sort of a "make money" and sleep kind of time....

j_alexandra likes this.
  2. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

Yesterday was the first lesson I taught at my new twin toddlers.
    At first exciting but in the end a failure...Need to improve my teaching skills, I'm afraid...

3. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Dealing with pulled lower back tendon from a new quick figure in Tango. GEEZZZ LOUISE will this ever end?
    Cheered and overjoyed that 3 yes 3 of my ballroom sisters won Best of the Best at Calif. Open.. OSB here they come!
    Watched the rain, the cold, big drops of non-stop rain, and of course the incredible mess it made of the flooded fwy system at evening rush hour.
    Avoided this huge stack of paperwork, still staring at me. ugh.
    Even the wild cat wanted inside the house - ok, that's when you know the weather is really bad.
    Got pics from DD bridal "learn to bake cupcakes with alcohol" shower, which I could not attend but glad she had a good time.
    Learned it will be me, DH, DS, my father and his wife - at her wedding, with 100 people we don't know. At all. Mapped out logistic plans for getting everything in place at this "wedding event" house on the hill and go over it with DD.
    Finished evening by watching video clip of GS#1 singing in an invitation only choir of the Travis County School System (amazing!) and his sister's news of receiving an invitation only to move up to the traveling gymnastics competition team for Capitol Gymnastics. WOW, who knew that tiny person that I couldn't stop from tumbling everywhere we went - has so much...of the stuff to do that with. nice way to end the evening.

Sania likes this.
  4. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Wake up WAAAY too early for a Saturday...sleep patterns have been screwed up for weeks now. Read some published theories on integrated marketing communications for classes this week. Lessons, where some weirdly amazing, good things with my turns keep happening. All of these years I've been thinking about turns so wrong. Home to take the doggies for a run (weather here in Colorado has been wonderfully warm.) Shower and dinner out with friend, who shows me pics of the Star Wars costume exhibit in Denver. Must see that before it's gone! Home to bed, where sleep is again a struggle. Sigh.

5. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Yesterday for the past 3 weeks? Mostly have been keeping my head down and soldiering through what feels like an epic crapstorm, even though events themselves have not been bad, just my reaction to them, to such an extent that I finally gave up on Adulting and ran away from home; am currently in Mexico, visiting friends

Purr, Sania and RiseNFall like this.
  6. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

^ that may be the worst sentence I've ever written

cornutt and FancyFeet like this.
  7. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

My weekend included:

Ballet class, where I am the only one... we did some floor barre to work on some technique points, which was hugely helpful because I've skipped so many levels along the way that there are some odd gaps in my knowledge. Instructor is, I think, more excited than I am that I'm going on pointe, and needs to be reminded twice that my shoes aren't sewn (she wanted to see them first, because they're exchangeable if not right and in store condition), so we couldn't do pointework.

Gym, where I have been delinquent thanks to a minor injury and them time off to compete. I took it fairly easy on the weights, but holy my squat technique was rusty and I lost a lot of my hand calluses in 2.5 weeks!

Sewed ribbons and elastic on my pointe shoes and started the break-in process, in hopes that the first class in them will not be complete torture.

Pro's birthday party, where I deliberately showed up 30 mins past the start time (which is so against my nature!) and was still one of the earlier ones and had to wait around for a while before things got started. I do not understand these people and their inability to keep a schedule/be on time. I was also the first one to leave, because FF is not a night owl.

Some sewing - I now have a new leotard that just needs a clasp to be completely done, and my next project or two all cut out... and another half-skirt layer to my new gown hanging up waiting to be attached.

Misc. grown-up activities like dishes, laundry, kitty care, ironing, bill paying, groceries.

It's amazing how much free time there is in a weekend when I don't have practice - an hour of dance, and an hour and some stretching at the gym is way less than my normal weekend... I even had time to journal, watch a movie and colour!

8. fascination

summary of fri-today: worked both jobs friday and got some not very encouraging news on son's status regarding looking for work and adulting in general which, coupled with a very demanding day, pretty much led to an epic drain circling...slept the next day til nearly noon, grocery shopped and had a nice dinner with friends... woke up Sunday determined to enjoy our own little corner of the world and pretty much spent the day doing that, including cooking, reading on the deck and going for a hike in the dunes...still, the stresses have lingered, so sleep was marginal last night....got a good workout in this AM and thankfully was off so I was able to catch up on sleep...continued to call the most epically delinquent day spa to book a massage, and arranged to have a guy come out to give us an estimate for trim for the rooms where we recently replaced flooring....other than a brief trip outside to fetch the trash bins, a lengthy chat with dh, and making dinner, I have pretty much been useless.

9. fascination

tues--work out...see 5 clients...home to make chili...burn the midnight oil stressing....wed=killer workout, see more clients with stories that remind me to be grateful for my life, home to make dinner, but crash early and now up in middle of the night

10. fascination

today

1/2 a bagel with cream cheese, coffee /w skim
    dbl cheese burger and soft serve (because it's my tradition to forget it's ash wednesday nearly every year) water
    greek salad, merlot

oops wrong thread...

well, leaving it here b/c it happened today....also saw 3 patients, sat through a long arse meeting, and spent some time trying to find a place for my next grief support series....also phoned my dad ....likely not much else tonight

yesterday was a long and demanding day of funerals and visits for which I have no energy to recount the details (and you might not beleive them anyhow). Also dh is looking to possibly switch firms so I had to be sounding board for that, and he, because he is so wonderful, is always so appreciative....we watched the address to congress...I will reserve my comments for elsewhere....and were out shortly thereafter.

Monday was supposed to be lesson day but traffic was horrible so I had to turn back and I had no energy after that because I missed both my workout and my lessons... we did have a nice evening celebrating my daughter's birthday at her house....she enjoyed her gifts and we had carryout and played board games....

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    j_alexandra likes this.
  11. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Looong, not-so-official talk with a coworker. Smart, attractive and competent woman, but methinks she's coming off the rails due to work pressure and family problems.

It would be a pity if she resigns.

12. 3wishes

T minus 11 days till daughters wedding. Yes, she getting married on a Monday because it's saving them thousands, yes thousands, of dollars to not marry at the venue on a weekend.
    Odds and ends for granddaughters hair ornaments - check.
    Paper lanterns to hang from trees - check
    Teams of young people to decorate and set up assembled - check
    Inform master seamstress and DD uhhh, I'm down 4 sizes since fitting my dress, DD has a near panic attack so the husband is instructed to pick me up from Austin Airport and directly take me to seamstress house where my dress is. (I just had to laugh, this was not planned at all).
    Make phone calls to family members that need us to drag fragile stuff from So. calif. To Austin. DH is all in, he's road tripping and loves his assigned missions.
    Received weather report from Texas family, uhhhh it's suppose to rain wedding day so plan B better be more than perfect.
    Get a gut feeling about the high desert house, that, of course, it will have an offer while I'm out of state, sigh- so goes my life.
    Catch up with Phoenix AZ friends and make plans to meet up on the drive home from Texas. Very excited about that.
    Paid homage to my Aunt, who passed, she was the life blood, love, heart, holder of your feet to the fire matriarch on my dad's side. Thank you to the Karen Ann Quinlan NJ hospice- and her gentle cross over without pain meds, even telling my dad to be sure to speak up when he says her Eulogy at the mass,,ahhh the older sister, still telling him, what to do. As the 3 priests and one deacon can attest to. It still made me laugh and filled my soul with joy yesterday.

Sania, j_alexandra and fascination like this.
  13. fascination

how exciting 3w

14. 3wishes

Packed.
    Called father and step mom, who still don't know when they are arriving to Austin (scream, bang head, at times I dislike family buddy passes so much!).
    No, no, no, noooooooooo, AC hose leak in Acadia vehicle, and dealer has no time to fix it.
    Shift everything to DH Terrain, and he suddenly realized, uhhh this is a small cargo space. Scratch head, rearrange.
    Phone calls, here we go, dramatic chaos, and the "other family" sibling member who has now informed his sister that he won't be attending because blah blah blah. Geezzzz Louise, of course, and thank goodness those words did not come out of the mouths of our own adult children.
    Purchase everything for the food at the reception, pay for flowers.
    Husband cringes.
    Wind picks up, freezing cold, starting to rain and of COURSE weather changes every hour.
    Why not!? Let's just throw more drama on the fire, LOL, it wouldn't be a wedding without it.
    It could be worse, let's count our lucky stars, DH lifts one eyebrow and gives me THAT look, hahaha.

j_alexandra likes this.
  15. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

I studied Chinese in the morning. Then in the evening I danced for about 5 hours.
    昨天早上我学习中文,然后晚上我跳舞五个小时左右。

j_alexandra likes this.
  16. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

3 hours of Latin last nite two sessions with pro and Mrs working on paso. One session with Mrs and coach Tony Meredith working on chacha and one session with pro and Tony working on Samba. Major progress and learning. But feet are tired!!!

Sania, raindance and j_alexandra like this.
  17. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Weekend highlights:

Friday: Hour-long pointe private (which I nicknamed "remedial pointe"). Clarified some of the basic technique of working in the shoes, and got to practice each exercise as many times as I wanted before moving on. We probably only got through about 1/2 of barre, but it was hugely helpful, and am feeling much more stable and aware of what I am supposed to be doing - and now feel like I know enough to practice a few things on my own. Tired toes and feet, but no blisters!

Saturday: Gym, where we test out deadlift 3RMs (I set a new one!). Long stretch. Fabric store, where there is a 50% off sale and it is ridiculously busy, to pick up odds and ends for completion of various projects. Home for some couch time to recover from the heavy morning workout. Watch gymnastics on tv and eat a massive burger... with onion rings (yum). Make-up ballet class, at a lower level than I usually take... stepping back for a class makes me realize how much I have improved since I took this class a year ago. To ballroom studio, where I spend an hour or so memorizing and running yet more new choreo. Groceries. Home to shower, then apply food, wine and ice to deal with various hurts.

Sunday: Morning practice - I'm stiff, so it's less than stellar... but I went. Quick visit with a friend, a few errands. Bacon and eggs (yum). Laundry. A nap. Kitty care. Clean sheet application with the obligatory kitty assistance, because changing the sheets is her very favourite activity. Cooking a variety of things, and dealing with the aftermath. Other misc. things that I cannot recall.

Sania likes this.
  18. SwingingAlong

SwingingAlong Well-Known Member

Hahaha, i remember this with Kitties:) I also remember this with a small child - smoothing out the lumps in the sheet took a LOT longer as the "lumps" were much bigger and more wriggly!!

FancyFeet, Sania and RiseNFall like this.
  19. 3wishes

What is it about having a really clean house before going on a long trip?!! ok, so cleaned and cleaned and little things got done too.
    DH currently in Junction,TX after last night discovering that no matter where he called in El Paso is was going to be above $175 for a room. REALLY?!!!! argh.
    DD calls, feeling sick, head pounding, and other non-describe stuff that I just won't write about but , ewwwww, etc etc ...of course it is....6 days to go. What are we walking into? I better not get sick again...
    Solve my need for Won Ton Soup, order a very large container,,,ok, this is somewhat healthy stress eating right now.
    Boarding pass printed, decline SWA wifi offer - their WiFi is not secured, bring a couple of good magazines.
    Decide not to take car to dealer, I'm not driving for a month, why fix the AC now? park it, forget it, lock garage. lol.

20. fascination

weekend - visiting adorable nieces who are in a play (dealing with their less than adorable mother)
    monday...lessons....not bad for having been away for nearly a month
    tues and wed....work my brains out and collapse exhausted
    today...day off (aka work at home ) but I am grateful

3wishes, Purr and j_alexandra like this.