Dancers Anonymous > yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Flights, thank God were uneventful.
    Stop at airport Salt Lick for the Brisket sandwich for me and DH as he waits for me in parking lot.
    Join up with DD and her partner, head off to "extreme flag football?" Where a tall drink of water with a clean blonde haircut came running up to me from quarterback position, oh my Lord, it's only been 4 months and he is looking me eye to eye. Holy Moly.
    The other two follow and we are surround by huge hugs, ahhhhh the best ever.
    Back to DD home and out to dinner, catch up, go over some details, and as late as it is head out to Lakeway to my brothers house to set up.
    DH looks at me and mutters " of course we would give up our room, there are our adult children celebrating pre-wedding and South by Southwest is happening where they are too" hahahahaha. There are things to be said for peace and quiet between the crazy wedding hours. Oh geezzzz where's that coffee, time to tank up.

Sania likes this.
  2. 3wishes

Lunch with DD and her future MIL after hair appointment. Fun.
    Other adult children arrive from Oregon and So. Calif. In pouring rain.
    We collect our grandkids, field crazy numerous phone calls, and watch the rain come pouring down.
    Schedule I-fly sky diving for adult kids pre-wedding, see brother and family off to their cruise, slumber party with grandkids all to ourselves in brothers house, while adults go off into the night to celebrate impending marriage.

Sania likes this.
  3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

friday...teach a class...work 8 hours....pretty much out by 9
    saturday...teach a class, clean whole house, soak in tub, make Blue Apron meal (got 2 weeks of it as an xmas gift) with dh....tv and out
    today...dryer takes a crap....order new dryer...take laundry to dtr's...facetime with son and grandson....not much else on today's to -do list other than practicing, cutting dh's hair and taking a nap....(nap first)

4. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

General hospital tv show convention. A birthday gift to the mrs

5. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Went to health and fitness expo yesterday...did several screenings...blood pressure fine, towards low end of normal...pulse a little low too, which is not surprising...blood pressure and pulse have been low my entire life..blood sugar (checked by two different vendors) great, even considering when I'd last eaten...cholesterol reading excellent...told vendor last time I'd gotten it checked by family doctor, it was borderline towards the high range...family doctor told me I could fix it myself with diet and exercise, and apparently I did...got a BMI reading...I am not amused...I told vendor you're going to say I'm fat, aren't you...vendor says maybe I need to eat less carbohydrates...I hold my tongue and say nothing (dude doesn't know what I eat)...then vendor says maybe I need to get more aerobic exercise...I look at vendor and say, I take a weekly yoga class, I work out at the gym about 3 times a week, I walk 40 to 50 minutes at lunch on weekdays 4 to 5 times a week, oh, and I do ballroom dancing on top of that; now, what else would you suggest I do?...vendor admits maybe I'm getting enough exercise...also do mental health screening...not surprisingly, I am in the low moderate risk for depression...told vendor I had been treated for depression in the past...I recognize the symptoms better, and I know what to do about it...under no circumstances, am I letting it get as bad as it did when I was on anti-depressants...got some nice goodies at this vendor, including 2 post it pads which say #StopTheCrazyTalk, which I like very much

fascination likes this.
  6. 3wishes

Wake up grand-kiddos, pack up and head back to their mom's house.
    Collect Everyone and head out to I-Fly for indoor sky diving. This defnately solved the pre-wedding jitters of each and every person.
    Lunch, and we notice DS actually seems to be enjoying himself. It's always hard to peg.
    Nails, and Top Golf for the gents.
    Shopping at the Round Rock outlet center with this crazy herd of people.
    Back and the kids make everyone pasta.
    Kicking back for the evening and going through the check list.

Sania likes this.
  7. 3wishes

We woke up to fog and rain. OH NOOOOOO. Argh, gag, pray pray pray.
    Go back to bed. Really we did.
    Wake up still raining, call daughter and start finding every single umbrella we can find in his house.
    Adult kids are already getting going on check off list and without fail they hit In-N-Out for Animal Style fries.
    Ok, clouds are starting to clear, sun is coming out, throw needed bags into car.
    Head to venue.
    Set-up, dear son was a huge help.
    Getting dressed and prep with so much well, hair spray going on, I went out on the balcony for beautiful fresh air.
    Weddding outside went off with a hitch. And no tears! Yea! As our 3 amigos spent three days and 3 nights together rather than 1/2 day every three years. It filled our hearts.
    Ok, so, I cried when our 1st grandson sang to the brides "your all I ever wanted, your all I ever needed" beautifully during the reception. Yep, nothing else made me cry, but that did.
    See dad off as he called for FARE since Uber and Lyft are not in Austin. So happy he made it, receive text from him later saying he needs to stay with us as the flights are not available (probably snowstorm related).
    Watch as the party goes on, Husband and I sit on back balcony and see a blood moon rising and watch it was it turns white. Amazing day, even more amazing evening as the adult kids come back with us to stay the night and the chatter is non-stop. I will miss this, technology does not make up for being together. Can't wait for pics, should be awesome.

RiseNFall, Sania, Purr and 5 others like this.
  8. SwingingAlong

SwingingAlong Well-Known Member

Making dance mirrors for my dance space. I now have 3 x 1200mm x 800mm acrylic mirrors I can move about, as they are light enough to easily move about and prop up against the wall. They are 3mm acrylic mirror glass stuck on to a 12mm backing board - it is quite a bit lighter than MDF. There is a tiny bit of distortion, as would be expected with acrylic mirror, but overall I am thrilled with the results:)

9. 3wishes

Send good wishes to 3 couples going to USA Nationals. Now that a wee bit of my dance brain rose to the surface.
    See Oregon daughter off to airport at 4 a.m.
    Read paper listening to the intense quiet of this huge house and savoring it.
    Wake the boy up at 9:30 and have chats with DH, Our boy (son), dad calls, could be issues listing for Palm Springs. Hmmm hmmm, start checking his options (listing definition - as the father of a commercial pilot, flys as immediate family but only if there are vacant seats). Him and I start working the web and staying on phone together.
    Text his wife, who is getting better but missed the wedding, so she does not worry.
    Drive son to airport.
    Dad scores the only vacant seat after passengers load to Denver- first class!!!!
    With 13 vacant seats to PS we are assured he will get home.
    Good for him, we chat, because he missed his flight out here and it took him 15 hours to get to Austin.
    Start cleaning and laundry from bedding. Husbands askes "where's your fit bit" to,which I start laughing, seriously? I am getting more than enough steps here.
    Clean house, purchase market items, see some new homes in Lakeway,
    Talk to daughter and bridal party who spent the night at venue, they are picking up and putting away, storing leftover food etc. so glad we are not there.
    Ok, later on? All families are decompressing, especially since the partying and music and dancing lasted until 2:30 a.m.
    DD reports she has landed in Portland, Dad reports he is connecting and headed to PS, DS reports he has landed Long Beach and is headed to In-N-Out for fries Animal Style, somehow that has become a tradition after landing because they tend not to eat before take off. Whew, all is good and everyone is where they should be.
    Dinner out, walk the gallery, load up on carbs and enjoy a quiet Texas sunset on the back patio as all the photos start flooding into us. Whew!!!!!

Purr, Sania and j_alexandra like this.
  10. 3wishes

Wake up to a beautiful yet cold Texas Sunrise. Quiet paper reading and laundry.
    Breakfast, walk around Serene Hills down to the school and back, it turns out to be more of a hike than a walk.
    Make sure brother's house is spit spot clean and squared away.
    Pack car and head to the daughters house.
    Had to laugh, the garage has, well.....1 truck and 3 carloads of gifts and stuff from House on the Hill wedding.
    Two are down with sinus not feeling good running temp sniffles.
    Dogs are nuts.
    Take GS for football helmet fitting.
    Generally hang out.
    Teach granddaughters how to do beginning cross stitch and they love it!,, yea!
    As we complete the cross stitch hearts I realize how full of love my own heart is.

j_alexandra and Sania like this.
  11. 3wishes

Doctor visits with the sickies including adult sniffle sickies.
    Football scrimmage of GS and we get to watch Him sing.
    The last night, granddaughters do Yoga or rather attempt to do my Yoga practice with me (for the most part they made it all the way through).
    Finish beginning crossstitch with them.
    Watch Moana DVD, girls make popcorn and it is an amazing finish to an amazing week.
    Pack, watch the face of granddaughter who is concsistently sad and cries when we leave, but we have a face to face with her and promise that if indeed she is selected for the traveling gymnastics competition team, that we will make some of those events even if we don't stay for a week.
    Confirm with cousin in Phoenix for pick-up, game time in Scottsdale, help Husband load car, and please for the love of Pete, try to get on jet with just one bag (I'm use to husband hauling stuff not me lugging it).
    Kids and grandkids make one last ditch effort to get us to move here, which seems to be almost tradition when we leave. Lol. On the road again and almost home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home.

Sania and raindance like this.
  12. 3wishes

Uneventful SWA flight Austin to Phoenix. Although lugging an overheard bag I am simply not use to.
    Lovely conversation with a group of ladies, elder seniors, heading to tour the Grand Canyon.
    It was a very chatty full flight.
    Cousin pick-up and they take m to a chain of lakes outside of Mesa. Very pretty, makes me want to own a boat again.
    Chat and look at family ancestors trying to plug holes in our "tree" since we found out each other on ancestry.com.
    Talked long into the night, found myself welcome to a really comfortable sleep.
    As husband texts he made El Paso. It's game time!!!

j_alexandra likes this.
  13. 3wishes

Hiked the amazing Boyce Thompson Arboretum State Park.
    Photos of wildflowers taken, along Hwy 60 of course.
    Laughs, talking, and introduced them to Thai Food!!!

Purr and j_alexandra like this.
  14. 3wishes

Left a sick cousin in bed, to head out to Giants vs Padres game with DH who caught up to us, and cousins husband.
    Scottsdale! Stadium, I have to say, maybe for a night game it would be better. But never again bleacher seats when disabled seats are not available. The relative gent left at the 2nd inning, his body could not tolerate the seats his wife was able to get, heard a lot of gents in bleachers complaining about knees in backs, too tight a space even for bleacher seats. But no one complained about the sun beating down. We did notice that this ctatus league stadium does not have shade elements like others we've been to.
    Left after 4 innings, husband couldn't tolerate it anymore. We won't be going back to that one.
    Head out to a rare book edition store near private airport, amazing civil war books and the west.
    Finish at Frank and Lupe's Mexican food and it was just the BEST!!!

15. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Got the keys to the brand new house!!!!

RiseNFall, Sania, cornutt and 2 others like this.
  16. 3wishes

That's sooooo cool, congrats!

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  17. 3wishes

Packed up. Seems like it was a long trip but we stayed in 4 different places with 4 very different events going on. Maybe it was long, with all the various
    Things going on it certainly keep me hopping.
    Loved loved loved the Muiscal Instruments Museum off the 101 north of Scottsdale, exit Tatum, go left. And there it is. It's not what you think, it's huge, massive, and we paid for Dragons and Vines exhibit.
    Drooled at the one millionth Martin guitar production, the inlay is magnificent and all the other inlaid instruments (guitars, banjos) were breathtaking. We really appreciated the small TV monitors and the people who told the stories, upstairs were all the different countries. The husband appreciated the disabled accessible thinking that went into this museum, it's huge, oh wait, I said that (really folks, the web site does not do it justice).
    Head out to lunch, then hit the Aquirium, and the butterfly enclosure.
    Hit a massive fabric shop and purchase a cross-stitch I will create for daughter and partner as a work of art for their marriage tee here.
    On to Wickenberg and home. Ok, enough of the traffic people, really? At least turn on the blinker before you push your car into my side and force me to move to next lane, ahhhhh some things never change. Home James!!!

cornutt and j_alexandra like this.
  18. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Yesterday for a while:

Theater, theater, theater, review, review, review
    Lessons focusing on Standard, which has been interesting and rewarding; have acquired a practice partner, who is very stiff and formal, and that's been good
    Compete at Tristate; have new gown in appropriate St. Patrick's Day color, and it's a blast, just having that emerald green all over me; am competing at a new-to-me level, so "didn't come in last in scholarship" is a win IMHO
    Deal with several health issues, not all of them mine; TDNWMH

Yesterday-yesterday: start to feel like maybe this horridly depressing winter is nearing its end, and maybe I'll come out of my cave (maybe not)
    Start thinking about traveling again; I want to go somewhere far away and interesting; so, what's Travelzoo got to offer?

Sania likes this.
  19. 3wishes

ok, it's COLD. I mean COLD. what??? I'm home right?
    Received mail, some surprises in the mail, sigh, requiring contact with trust attorney on Monday. ugh.
    Pro cancels group lesson, darn it, he's still sick. So unusual, literally, except for allergies, he's never sick.
    Hear from ballroom sisters, I'm just too tired from trip to meet up even for lunch. Seriously i'm sleeping on and off for most of day.
    Begin really looking at the numbers of a house move $$$, emotionally I'd do it in a heartbeat but $$$ have got to make sense.
    Start planning South Dakota trip for his family reunion. !!! yep, on the road again soon enough.

20. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

The Caribbean always works for me. (Aside from hurricane season.)

j_alexandra likes this.