Dancers Anonymous > yesterday's activities

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, May 10, 2009.

1. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Dancer smooth at beach bash last nite. Had a total blast!! Made it out of quarter in heavily contested multi. Not easy as a guy. 4th in gentlemen's only from 12 also. Not bad

Purr, Sania, RiseNFall and 5 others like this.
  2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

congrats!

over here: workworkworkwork...put out fires in extended family life....lather, rinse, repeat....but lessons resume in a few weeks and a new gown is on the way

Sania, j_alexandra and Mr 4 styles like this.
  3. Mr 4 styles

Cool. Will I see u at usdc??

4. fascination

sadly, not this year...I am in a new job and I will have shot all of my vacation time by the end of July due to some family demands...am hoping to get something in later in the year

5. flying_backwards

flying_backwards Active Member

Congrats Mr4Styles! Glad you are having fun and so glad you got big fields. Those are good results. Happy for you. :)

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  6. fascination

this weekend....saturday...only one person showed up for the fitness class so we took a long hike in the dunes instead...then I had to attend a funeral for a client...followed by lunch at a real restaurant (imagine it) with dh and then grocery shopping...brief nap (because the 12 hours of sleep the night before apparently wasn't enough)....can't remember much else except that I know it didn't involve much energy...ended the evening watching "Grace and Frankie" on netflix...

thusfar today: morning news with coffee and raspberries, a bit of laundry, practice (and yep, have forgotten a whole bunch of stuff), coordinating with family over upcoming Easter holiday....rest of the day will probably involve a bit more laundry and housework, a good long soak in the tub, and some serious mindless TV watching

j_alexandra likes this.
  7. Mr 4 styles

Danced latin at beach bash Saturday. Only guy in open latin. Felt a little ignored by the judges but danced well. Peeps who watched commented on the improvement

3wishes, Purr, j_alexandra and 3 others like this.
  8. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Chilled out with DH in-between walks and practicing showcase pattern.
    Checked out FB,specifically Pro who is at Jr. Blackpool with his son and son's partner. They did quite well, and before that in two other countries. Happy for them.

9. fascination

wow...nothing since April....so...visited a new pt today....he is ready to go...sadly he has lost two young adult grandchildren in the past 5 years and he misses them...but his wife of over 60 years and his daughter who lost the 2 kids, aren't quite so ready...it was heartbreakingly beautiful to sit with them as they tried to make sense of how to remain together once his body is no longer alive...but this is what matters...and why, despite not having time or money to dance much right now, I know I am where I belong....the rest of day was spent with my dad and wicked step mom, but I am so glad to still have him and then watching rachel maddow and wishing we had adult beverages...but I will survive :)

Sania likes this.
  10. 3wishes

dealing with extreme WEIRD heat. It was 108 here and the beach wasn't all that either (DS said high 90's).
    spoke with DH - there might be a detour to next week's road trip and Galaxy Dance Comp - will have to wait and see.
    Picked up kiddos, neighbors kiddos, and friends, opened our pool, and believe me, until the moon came out - it got some rocking good use for more than just a few hours.

11. fascination

I hear you...I am mindful, having been in Oregon recently, that virtually none of the apartment complexes has air conditioning....because they've never really needed it.....a pool would have been very helpful

3wishes likes this.
  12. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

And here, it's 60 and raining. Go figure.

13. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Yesterday:
    (I"m not even thinking about catching up)

Dance Drought, Day Zillion: Need I say anything else? (Whine, whine, poor me)
    Everything else it tedious fill-in stuff, except for keeping up with friends who live in Houston.

14. fascination

was wondering about that...will call you tomo or mon...believe it or not, I have most of the long weekend off

15. fascination

wonder if I can even do a day in my life these days...

workout at 7am with a friend
    8... meeting to pray for staff and work out difficulties with a new work alliance that doesn't want to pay for my visits though their family wants me
    9... mercifully family complaint works in my favor
    930-1030... visit with said family and sing to actively dying patient while helping his wife to prepare and dealing with other recent loss issues surrounding loss of all grandchildren in same family
    11 shop for gift for new boss and avoid woman whose job I have been doing for last several months and will likely be doing from hereafter
    12-2... order flowers and find funeral arrangements for recent deaths... also call new patients to set up visits
    230 to 3 ...drive
    3-4 ...funeral where grand daughter is traumatized having witnessed grandfather's death alone...counsel and support
    430...home to comfortable clothes and apologies to neglected cats while documenting day's work
    6 ...dinner with dad and evil stepmother #thankgodfortequila
    7...acute allergic issues and possibly anxiety from wicked step mother
    8...rachel maddow and ongoing texts to boss...staff member has just lost her day....

it was a wonderful 4 days off....it is over

16. 3wishes

Some phone calls from, well, worker bees. "Are you going? Have you been called?" "Stretched thin and new hurricane Irma. Of course both are where immediate family lives. Uhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'll never said no in these circumstances. DH askes, airport? When? And which one, is all I need to get you there,,,,,ahhhh that's my babe!
    Inform Pro yesterday. He then informs me about sticky floor from renter, yet we proceed to try pivots right into the sticky floor. Cursed like a sailor, the third time it happened, me, not him. I'm sure he went into shock. Lol.
    Worse lesson ever at this level, didn't remember or execute the way I did last week. Of course this would happen before Galaxy dancesport. Of course.
    Confidence level went down a few pegs driving home, hoping for redemption tomorrow night at a double lesson.

17. 3wishes

I know I'm posting a lot this morning, but we are back on the road in a couple of hours.
    Modified workout in Biltmore Spa and Resort Hotel Property. Loved the history of this place and spaciousness of grounds.
    Trying to find our wing (all wings are outside from common area) in the dark was comical. Trying to find the driveway was hilarious and that was in the daylight hours, this turns out to be common theme among many that are here for comp.
    Run into several people and friends we know personally. DebMc rocks that blue pant fringe costume.
    Prep to compete, it's been a few years.
    Recalled for singles, did not expect that. Placed 1st. Wowee, ok, I am happy happy, everything else will be cake with frosting. Seriously did not expect anything.
    Breack for lunch. We ate food we brought in our ice chest, it's just easier.
    Converse with some DF ballroom sisters while eating in warm up room. Fun catching up and lots of laughter, DH enjoys this.
    Pro and old friend join in. Head back to scholarship rounds.
    Recalled for open gold 3 dance - I really thought pro was joking around with me. Husband just smiles. Placed 1st, I wanted to cry joy, hugged pro hard.
    And there was an eruption of cheers from both sides of the room, ok, I knew who some of the people were (my husband, 2 friends) but there was a ton of others. Heart melts, pro is overjoyed, it's been 3 years since I competed last.
    20 minutes later, open senior scholarship. Arghh OPEN are you nuts??!!! I said to pro. But we dance it. New territory for me. Recalled!!! Holy moly!! Really??!!!! Did not even wish for this, there was great dancers out there. Last round, awards, we watch , pro realizes it before I do, I've placed 2nd! This day was amazing, unexpected, joyful, pro smiled ear to ear, photos, all went to dinner,all of us hit the jacuzzi, pool and laughed a lot. Son calls "what are you doing Friday November 3rd? Mom...and is Dad there with you? We're getting married and want immediate family there at courthouse only then we'll have a party on the weekend. Perfect ending to an amazing day (son has been with fiance' 10 years). Be still my heart. Ok, onto the next road trip, here we go!

18. fascination

so happy for you 3w....so very very happy for you...yay....blessings

19. fascination

doing today now...boot camp at 8 in my home....and the old vertigo/dyspnea returns...delightful...drink a 7up in a horizontal position and wait to see if blood sugar is part of the deal...spend some time verifying that we are done with that, drive to Gary for a funeral...a long funeral without air-conditioning, but it was wonderful and I managed not to pass outand co-worker, whose father was on our service, was very surprised and touched that 4 of us came to the service...home to look at options for winter memorial service brochure, also try to touch base with my dad and my son (unsuccessfully) and stressed because I still haven't gotten back to at least 2 friends who want to have drinks for my birthday two weeks ago ... make some bereavement calls...make pierogies for a brunch tomo plus a few extra for a Polish patient (dh is distressed because he seems to be loosing his touch at it and I am trying not to think about why), do laundry and clean cat litter....find a place for all of the vintage Fisher Price toys that my in-laws have and cannot take with them to wherever they decide to move (and that is another not so deligthful chapter in their unhappy marriage)...have a drink with dh on the deck and decide that I am DONE for the day

j_alexandra likes this.
  20. 3wishes

Thank you, deeply and sincerely from the bottom of my heart.